1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Post surgery symptoms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Kathryn858, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Kathryn858

Kathryn858 New Member

Hello,

I have had a long history of TMS symptoms which include IBS, back pain, siatica, panic attacks, blured vision, stomach pain and vomiting, jaw pain, IC and most problematic of all, insomnia and vulvodynia. Having successfully treated them as TMS, I was free after 10 years of pain and suffering.

Feeling confident of my progress, I felt confident to try for a baby. Unfortunately my pregnancy coincided with a set of very stressful circumstances which led to a relapse in my symptoms and me feeling unable to attempt a vaginal birth.

My baby was born by cesarean section 2 months ago and since then I have had loss of bladder sensation and numbness and loss of sensation in my stomach, vulva and vagina. It is very disturbing. Obviously I am very worried that after years of being told my vulvodynia was nerve damage (it was TMS) that I genuinely do now have nerve damage following the cesarean delivery but I don't want to asume the worst if there is a chance these symptoms could be TMS too?

It seems people report varying degrees of numbness following a c section. Some say they have none, some say they have lots. Some say they get feeling back, others don't. I have even heard reports of some women having numbness in their stomachs after having their first c section and then the feeling returning after their second one a number of years later.

I would be very grateful to hear your thoughts on this.

Many thanks,
    Kathryn

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

3. Kathryn858

Kathryn858 New Member

Thanks very much Jan.