1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

possible trigger for tms at work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Aug 28, 2017.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

So I'm on my journey to recovery and have made big progress. but lately I have been having changing symtoms. from tingling in one leg, to spasm in lower back to spasm in upper back and neck. today i went to the gym in the morning and after the gym like 1 hour after i started to experience the old tingling in my left leg (always this side) and when i got to work, two hours later the tingling went away and i started having this weird pain exactly bellow my glutes (hamstring?) in my left leg. I started to think psychologically but the pain reduced and then it went up again and then reduce and went up. It didnt go away until i got out of work, got inside my house and noticed that my pain reduced by 90% i dont even feel it almost.

the thing is, i got worried because when i started experience the tingling i tho i might hurt myself further at the gym (stupid me thinking of that) and then the pain right below my glute started and tingling went away.

I have herniated disc l4-5-s1 and i've never experience sciatica so i can't describe it. but this pain is worrying me a bit i have to admit. im scared its sciatica or maybe a pulled muscle since i recently started the gym from scratch after almost a year without physical activity when i sit down or stand still i dont feel it but when i walk or kick or move the leg i feel the pain in that spot only. not in the buttocks or anywhere else.

i know its possibly because im just worried i need to relax. thanks guys for listening

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    Click#7 likes this.
  2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Hallmark of TMS according to Dr. Sarno.....the pain/symptoms shifts or moves around...read the Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich..real eye opener. You will understand once you read his book and his experiences, or at least go to his website. Maybe you should just take it easy for a couple days and the pain you may be feeling is just from working out ? If that's the case it should go away. I am sure one of the pros on this website will chime in.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    stevow7 likes this.