1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Possible extinction burst help

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Tc35, May 13, 2019.

1. Tc35

Tc35 New Member

Good evening, I’m in need of some encouragement right now. A week or so ago I decided to really not let Tms hold me back and to stay busy and do the things I want to do regardless of the tms. A lot of my main issues were panic/anxiety, fatigued, neck pain. Well those things have amazingly not bothered me and now I’m having crazy intense pain I used to have ten years ago. Left side glute/hip pain groin all the way down my leg. It’s sooo painful and burning. It’s been over a week and it’s still Hanging on I don’t understand why. I feel like this is an extinction burst but I’m not sure how to get it to leave I’ve tried talking to it calmly and allowing it and it will help for a bit but doesn’t last long. Any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated!

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

You have just triggered an old neural pathway so stay indifferent to the pain as it is harmless. Time and calm is all it needs so keep going with that.