1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Positive Recovery Goal for Today

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jennifer_K, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Jennifer_K

Jennifer_K Peer Supporter

So, I thought it might be helpful to have a thread where any of us newbies can post a goal for the day to work on for our recoveries. It can be small or big.

Examples - exercise, working on conditioned responses, meditation, affirmations, thinking psychological, reading something helpful, socializing, hobbies, domestic activities, etc. Basically any step, big or small, that is positive and helpful.

This is a POSITIVE thread! Post any recovery-related activity that affects you positively. As Fred suggested to me in one of my threads, Get enthusiastic about your recovery! If you don't feel excited, fake it. Fake it til you make it.

We can do this!

2. Jennifer_K

Ok, I'll go first. :D

Today, my goal is to go to the gym! Haven't been in almost 5 months.

3. PunDefeated

PunDefeated New Member

Did you end up going to the gym?

My goal for today: Play League of Legends for 7 minutes, trying not to think about the pain. Success :)

Jennifer_K likes this.
  4. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Today I rode my young horse in the fog through the part of trail I have avoided since a bad fall in early March. We did fine. Stayed at a walk, no gallop, not even a trot. Stayed mindful. No pain! Lots of sadness, fear and well, if there is a rainbow of negative and uncomfortable emotions, I felt them ALL.
    But no pain!!!!!
    (-:

Jennifer_K likes this.
  5. Orion2012

Orion2012 Well known member

Today I drove for the first time in a week. It hurt a bit, but I didn't panic. I couldn't make it out the door but a week ago. Right now, this is progress!

Jennifer_K and Bodhigirl like this.
  6. Jennifer_K

Amazing to read about your goals and progress!

Today, I am getting my hair done for the first time in over 4 months. Have avoided it because of sitting. Looking forward to having a fresh look and getting my routine back on track!

7. Jennifer_K

Today, I'm going to clean a bit and work out with some weights at home.

Hair appt was a success! :)

Any goals for the weekend?

8. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

I've got a couple of plants that still need to go in pots. Last time I gardened, I hurt myself, so will be working on not letting that experience be a trigger this time. I've been putting it off...

Jennifer_K likes this.