1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Positive quotes..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mike2014, Dec 19, 2014.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I came across a few nice quotes today which I thought I would share with you.

“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.”
    Oscar Wilde quotes (Irish Poet, Novelist, Dramatist and Critic, 1854-1900)

“There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” — Epictetus quotes (Greek philosopher associated with the Stoics, AD 55-c.135)

“Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.”
    Benjamin Spock quotes (American Pediatrician and Author, 1903-1998)

“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
    Lewis B. Smedes quotes

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. —Mark Twain

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
    Jim Rohn quotes (American Speaker and Author. He is famous for motivational audio programs for Business and Life. )

Please feel free to add, I just thought I would do something which would be a little uplifting on this forum.

God bless you all, you are a very encouraging and warm bunch at this Forum and I'm glad to know you.

Mike

Boston Redsox likes this.
  2. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

I love the Jim Rohn quotes. I loved Jim Rohn from when I did network marketing and managed to see him at a seminar in Munich here are some of his others.

Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.” – Jim Rohn

“Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn

“If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a person of quality yourself.” – Jim Rohn

“You cannot make progress without making decisions.” – Jim Rohn

“Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn

“Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.” – Jim Rohn

“Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn

“No one else “makes us angry.” We make ourselves angry when we surrender control of our attitude.” –Jim Rohn

“One of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone is the gift of your attention.” – Jim Rohn

“You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.” – Jim Rohn

“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment” – Jim Rohn

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn

“Don’t wish it was easier wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge wish for more wisdom” – Jim Rohn

“The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn

“If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” –Jim Rohn

“We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” – Jim Rohn

“If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn

“If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn

“Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn

“The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized – never knowing.” – Jim Rohn

“Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

I read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, several years ago and wrote these words down because I liked them...
    "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself."

"When you possess great treasures within you, and try to tell others of them, seldom are you believed."

mike2014 likes this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Jim Rohn offers some wonderful positive mantras.

I'd like to add another, from the tennis great, Arthur Ashe:
    "Never give up. No matter what the score is."

Richsimm22 likes this.
  5. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

That reminds me of my favourite Winston Churchill quote..."Never, never, never give up".

Richsimm22 likes this.
  6. Sienna

Sienna Well known member

Excellent post!

My contribution here, I find they really help you when
    you are feeling down:

Here are 15 uplifting quotes for the depressed heart:

1. "Getting better from depression demands a lifelong commitment. I've made that commitment for my life's sake and for the sake of those who love me." — Susan Polis Schutz

2. "Once you choose hope, anything is possible." — Christopher Reeve

3. "A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear [that results] from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl." — Stephan Hoeller

4. "Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." — Helen Keller

5. "A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you." — Joyce Meyer

6. "Man is fond of counting his troubles, but he does not count his joys. If he counted them up as he ought to, he would see that every lot has enough happiness provided for it." — Fyodor Dostoevsky

7. "If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person." — Fred Rogers

8. "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly." — Richard Bach

9. "Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy." — Matt Lucas

10. "Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy." — Thich Nhat Hanh

11. "Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light." — Madeleine L'Engle

12. "Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." — Greenville Kleisser

13. "Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." — Leonard Cohen

14. "There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind." — C. S. Lewis

15. "The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being." — Tenzin Gyatso

That last quote expresses and idea that I want to underscore. Sometimes, the most helpful thing we can do for ourselves is to help another person. I don't fully understand the science behind it, but I can certainly attest to an unseen strength that comes to those who reach out and lift another.

© 2014 Seth Adam Smith, author of Your Life Isn't for You: A Selfish Person's Guide to Being Selfless

Best Regards

mike2014 likes this.