1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 positive life changes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Leslie, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

It's so hard for me to think of things that are positive. I'm programmed from the as far back as I can remember, to think negatively and always look for what needs improvement. I'm going to force myself to post online about this topic because I think it will be a beneficial challenge.

Positive changes: I think I might be starting to believe there is hope for a life without pain! Not just physical pain but emotional pain as well. I have battled anxiety and depression for most of my life. Both had knotted themselves up pretty tightly with the physical pain in my shoulder/neck and had a firm grasp on me when I started researching the emotional component of pain and found this wonderful site. As I progress through this program the depression and anxiety are lifting. I am actually starting to feel as though I can be in the driver's seat of all of this rather than a petrified passenger locked in the trunk. My mood is improving. My husband and I are actually laughing together again. And apparently (as evidenced by the ones I've typed - must have evidence of course) I am actually capable of having a positive thought so this must be helping even more than I realized!

Becca, JanAtheCPA and veronica73 like this.
  2. Layne

Layne Well known member

That's amazing! I know positivity has changed my life as well. I spent many years as a pessimist and I will never go back. Something that might help is to keep a gratitude journal. Every night before going to sleep write 4 things (or more!) that you are grateful for. Some days I can only think of things like a hot shower and a soft bed and other days the whole world seems to be brimming with things for which I am grateful! Having an attitude of gratitude has really transformed my life and how I comport myself throughout. It has also changed my relationships with other people. It's so good.

Keep up the good work! And if you ever want to talk about positivity let me know! xoxo

gailnyc likes this.
  3. Stella

Stella Well known member

Wow, Leslie, look at you go. This is just awesome. I, too, felt these changes. One of the most obvious was laughter. Now I can feel the laughter go deep in my body. I think in the past my chest was so locked up laughter was very shallow. I love laughing and look for opportunities to laugh as much as I can now.

You go girl, and get out and lock that trunk. Sandy

Layne likes this.
  4. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Thank you so very much for the support ladies! Your support is going to be entry number one in my gratitude journal. Thank you so much for the idea Layne, also, I want to talk about positivity as much as you can tolerate me so let's begin!

Layne likes this.