1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 33 Positive journaling

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by oceana15, Jun 20, 2016.

1. oceana15

oceana15 New Member

Hi everyone! I'm on day 33 of SEP. The journaling exercise for today was to write about my perfectionism. Since I already journaled about this twice before (perfectionism is my strongest TMS trait), I decided to do something else.

I've been journaling so much about all my "problematic" traits (goodism, perfectionism, chronic worrying, etc) so I wanted to take a day to write about all the GOOD things that have happened in my life this past month, from the smallest things to the biggest. Sometimes when the pain is bad, or showing up in a new place, I get discouraged and I tend to see only the negative... and forget how far I've come. So I thought it would be important to make a list of all the happy, good, positive things that have happened lately. I ended up with a pretty decent list, and I discovered how courageous, resilient, self-aware, and healthy I really am. Reading over the list and my evolution this past month doing SEP was very rewarding and it made me feel proud and like I should celebrate myself today!

Maybe this exercise would be helpful for someone else out there... just take a break from journaling about worries, stresses, setbacks, problematic personality traits and write about all the good things in your life and all your wonderful, positive qualities!! Remind yourself you are so worthy of happiness and of being celebrated!

breakfree, Ines and mike2014 like this.
  2. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

Lovely!

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I periodically write in a gratitude journal--most often when I need to remind myself how I'm surrounded by blessings!

I love your post, Oceana. I could feel your joy as I read it! Thanks for the gift.

4. Ines

Ines Well known member

What a good idea! Thanks!