1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 33 Positive changes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by HPJM, Sep 5, 2015.

1. HPJM

HPJM New Member

Have you noticed any positive changes in your life since you have started this program?

Yeah, loads of positive changes. I feel much more empowered: the more so the more the pain goes away. I feel like I can do anything physical now, instead of feeling weak and like a victim, at the mercy of nonexistent physiological processes.

It has made me a lot more mindful, aware, relaxed, and open minded. I had been practising meditation for years, had journaled for over a year, and had even been to therapy a few times. But this program has given me structure in dealing with my issues, and my personality traits, that I had been ignoring. It hasn't always been easy, but acknowledging and expressing is all you really need to do. I am moving closer and closer to a point of emotional neutrality with many things that used to give me nightmares.

So I think the physical pain has been a doorway to something greater.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Your post is wonderful, HP JM. I've been following your progress and this is the best yet. I hope some others today who are posting here will read your very positive report. They need a boost of encouragement to believe 100 percent in TMS and your report gives that.

You are finding ways to deal with your emotions and are closer to what you so wonderfully call "a point of emotional neutrality" with issues that used to cause you worries. Keep up the great work and keep us posted. Happy weekend.

HPJM and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome post. And inspiring as Walt said. I feel like you've hit the essence of this work, HP.

HPJM likes this.