1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 33 Positive Changes?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Elbe, May 30, 2014.

1. Elbe

Elbe Peer Supporter

Have I noticed any? Yes, more pain. I can consider this a positive change as being on the right track. Years ago I had another PPD in the form of uncontrolled sweating attacks. I found that quite embarrassing. Finally I found a smart MD who prescribed to tell myself the following during an attack: "How nice, my sweat glands work really well." After that the sweating stopped immediately. After a week, no more attacks. This, of course, only treated the symptoms, not the cause. I tried this on the TMS pain with no effect. May be I haven't found the right wording yet? If it would work, or at least reduce the intensity, I would, of course, keep looking for the cause, my suppressed emotions.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

Hi Elbe! I'm sorry you're experiencing more pain. I'm at the point now when I get a trigger or an attack, I say to myself "HA! Gotcha TMS. You're really having to work it now because I'm getting more comfortable everyday with my emotions." And I try to see it as TMS's last ditch attempts to distract me. Which of course IS distracting. I can't believe how well physical pain works to distract me from what is going on internally! But I keep trying to stay focused on the real reasons for the TMS and not the pain. Keep up the good work. Keep the faith and always believe that you are getting better and better every day!! Hugs to you!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Elbe

Elbe Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It feels so good. You are further ahead and I am DETERMINED to get there as well, even through, my belief is tested when in severe pain. This is when your wonderful support and web hugs help to keep me on course.