1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 33 Positive changes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lars, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Lars

Lars New Member

Hello everyone,

At day 33 the question is: to think about the positive changes in your life since the start of the program. At first I thought... there has not much changed, I still feel not completely recovered from my TMS symptoms. But when I thought better... I came to the conclusion that I actually made very good progress since the start of the program.

I exercise more often and start to feel stronger. I don't feel the need anymore to sleep so long and often as I used to do before. Before I always went to bed in the afternoon to take a nap, since 1 month I never do this anymore. I also need less sleep. I got a better understanding of my emotions and personality traits which are causing stress in my life. Since a week the pain in my neck has completely disappeared. I am determined to get as fit as possible, I go to the gym more often and changed my diet, because I want to build more muscle. I want to do more abs exercises, although at this moment the exercises are causing me pain flare ups in my groin region. I keep doing them and tell myself it is just TMS there is nothing physically wrong with my groins. So today I will do an ab workout again and I will keep telling myself that there is no reason for this pain. Overall I feel more calm and positive. My fear and anxiety for the pain is slowly diminishing. I try to give more love to myself each day.

Best Wishes,

2. Velvet_Hidden

Velvet_Hidden Peer Supporter

I applaud your tenacity in going through your personal healing journey!

[​IMG]
    Reading your words, you appear to understand quite well that it takes a while for the mind to reprogram in order for us to return back to the things we love to do physically! I encourage you to continue moving at the steady pace you've gone so far, as your pain fades away bit by bit!!!!

Best Wishes to you!

Lars likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Beautiful self-support!!!

Lars likes this.
  4. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Well done! Thank you for sharing. Thank you for the reminder to appreciate *all* progress.

Lars likes this.