1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 24 Positive Changes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aimee88, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Since starting to treat my symptoms as TMS there have definitely been positive changes in my life. Mostly, I'm not afraid of my body and I am not spending as much time in anxiety about my body, it's limitations, and how bad the pain could get. I have started to move more, and not be afraid to move. Recently, as the pain got scary and more intense and I became aware of fatigue, I had focused on getting more rest and making sure I had rests built into my day, but now I'm mostly just living day to day, and staying up later some nights and sleeping longer some nights. Whatever feels right.

I'm also looking at my relationships and my personality traits more honestly, and have taken steps to end or reduce some relationships that I was using to demand too much from myself. (I don't blame them!) I'm also becoming much more aware of my reaction to my own actions, like ending these relationships, committing to tasks as a volunteer, completing or not completing tasks or commitments, saying no to things I just don't want to do, and deciding to spend time on something. For most of my life (nearly 50 years!) I have reacted to these moments with guilt, anxiety and self-pressure. I am seeing the direct correlation to my pain and disease and illness patterns. Just this new perspective is a great positive change. I know it will lead to more positive change.

JanAtheCPA and ssxl4000 like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I could comment on each piece of your progress report --with great excitement for you, but this is probably the greatest life changer you express. I feel more free and more relaxed reading this! Bravo!!!

Aimee88 likes this.
  3. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Thank you, Andy