1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 Positive Changes

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by gailnyc, Feb 7, 2013.

1. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

One of the changes I've made since starting the program is I've switched from two cups of coffee a day to two cups of green tea instead. It's not necessarily less caffeine (green tea has caffeine) but it is less sugar--I take one teaspoon in my coffee cup, but none in tea. (Also, I've been reading Andrew Weil's books, and he is a big proponent of green tea for health reasons.) I think cutting down on sugar has made me less hyper/manic/anxious. At first it was hard for me to think about doing that, because being a coffee drinker has been part of who I am for so long. The question of "who am I?" has come up a lot while I try to make some changes, and am forced to make others. It is a big one.

2. Lori

Lori Well known member

Thanks for sharing, Gail.

I too have tried to cut down on refined sugar. Some days it works out better than others! :D

Andrew Weil's Spontaneous Healing gave me hope when I was in bad back pain years ago--he wrote about someone who had shattered discs becoming pain-free after working with Dr. Sarno! I was so happy to read this and it gave me hope.

gailnyc likes this.
  3. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Gailnyc,
    If you love caffeine, try Tazo Chai Tea. You can purchase it at Whole Foods by the tea section. It is liquid and it
    comes in a box, usually on the bottom of tea shelf. I usually buy one decaf and one caffeinated chai tea.
    I make it with skim milk and use mostly the decaf but then I put a splash of the caffeinated one as I am
    making it. It is like a latte. It is delicious and you can control the caffeine. It is one of my comfort foods and
    joys of life.
    Love to hear how you are doing,
    G.R.

Karen likes this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I'd have to say that awareness tops my list of positive changes. Last night after work I swam, then after supper my husband and I took a 2 mile walk. On the way home, I made it to within 100 ft of my front door when horrible foot and leg cramps dropped me in the street! Even my husband knew what it was; his comment was "Send some blood there!" I did, and it worked. I'm grateful that even he is more aware!!

5. Karen

Karen Peer Supporter

I have to try this!! It's sounds absolutely delicious!! Thank you Gailnyc! A 'fake' latte!! :) I was planning a trip to the heath food store tomorrow - I'm so glad I read this post before I went!!

P.S. I'm always better mentally and physically when I don't eat any sugar. I went almost total abstinent for a year and I've never felt so great. Back to it!! Thanks for the encouragement on this post.