1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 Positive changes in my life

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Stella, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Stella

Stella Well known member

A totally unexpected positive change from starting this program is the impact on my marriage. Early in the program they suggested to start sharing with my spouse. After 29 years of marriage I had never really shared deep emotional pain and sorrow with my husband.

I started sharing with him the program, what I was learning and some of my assignments. I shared with him about a specific journaling assignment. In the telling I cried and cried about the tremendous emotional pain and rejection I felt as a child. I had never cried in front of him.

As I continued to share not only could I see changes in myself, I could also see changes in him. We both were becoming more compassionate and self-accepting of each other and other people in our lives. He has taken an active interest in the program and is open to considering his own pain as TMS. WoW... such a wonderful experience.

Ami and veronica73 like this.
  2. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

Wow, that is awesome, Sandy!

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

SandyRae, I'm so glad for you and your husband.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

sandy rae-the blessing that comes with tms healing is that others
    get to see and feel the results
    im glad your husband was there for you-accepting
    this is such a special story-god bless

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

SandyRae, so happy to hear this. Absolutely beautiful.

Thanks for sharing!

6. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

SandyRae:

Awesome break through. I've tried with my husband but he doesn't seem to get it. I've shared many tears with him and in front of him. But he doesn't seem too interested. You are in a great place of healing.

BG