1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

pondering on journaling and dead relatives...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hecate105, Aug 30, 2013.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I reread my journal, it being todays activity in the Freedom from Fibromyalgia book. Having had so much success with Structured Educational Programme, I wanted to carry on with a definite 'structure' to ensure I don't slack off. I have found that if I take a day off, for whatever reason, I am likely to get pain reappear. If I do TMS stuff every day - I'm mostly fine. BUT it's still the dealing with relatives, past and present stuff that is causing me the most angst and journal time. (i'm thinking of asking my relatives for new journals for my birthday - since they're causing me to fill them up so quick!!)
    Whilst reading some quite heavy stuff, I found this sort of poem - its a bit sombre - but still made me smile! Thought i'd post it to see if it draws any wry smiles from others...
    (with apologies to my father - the hero of the piece!)
    It's better when they're dead.
    Relatives I mean.
    Their faults become smaller
    They're easier to forgive
    They don't f**k you up with new things,
    It's easier when they're dead.
    You can magnify their successes,
    Bathe them in a rosy glow,
    They're easier to forgive -
    And you feel less pressure on your heart.
    Dead relatives, inviolate
    And no more violating.
    In one place, no more manipulating.
    Keep them in a photo frame -
    Where they can't hurt you any more.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing great, hecate. I love the poem.

As you get older, you'll have fewer relatives living to give you TMS pain.

haha.

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I can relate to your poem. I have much more pleasant and positive thoughts about my parents now that they are gone. I even miss them sometimes.