1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (now on US Standard Time) . It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Enrique as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 29 Ponder regarding unsent letters

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ssxl4000, May 1, 2019.

1. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Anybody I want to write an unsent letter to...I've done several already...only one more left at this point, which is my brother...

Here is the short story. My brother and I both worked at my mom's office (him by choice, me because the recession). I planned on leaving after I completed my Masters, but then my mom got cancer and died. So, I stayed to keep things afloat. A few more years and the problems I had at work that made me dislike it in the first place only increased, so I had to finally cut it off. Despite doing a very prolonged phasing out (I still do some remote work for him), this has caused some issues and resentment. I known my brother felt "abandoned."

I have a lot of built up anger because my brother was always annoyed that I wasn't "Happy enough" around the office. Well...I sacrificed all my professional goals and desires to work a job I hate for the benefit of him and my dad. And I felt like I never got any appreciation for that. No thank yous. So, I have a lot of resentment. My unsent letter will state some of this, but in a log angrier language...