1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29 Ponder regarding unsent letters

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ssxl4000, May 1, 2019.

1. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Anybody I want to write an unsent letter to...I've done several already...only one more left at this point, which is my brother...

Here is the short story. My brother and I both worked at my mom's office (him by choice, me because the recession). I planned on leaving after I completed my Masters, but then my mom got cancer and died. So, I stayed to keep things afloat. A few more years and the problems I had at work that made me dislike it in the first place only increased, so I had to finally cut it off. Despite doing a very prolonged phasing out (I still do some remote work for him), this has caused some issues and resentment. I known my brother felt "abandoned."

I have a lot of built up anger because my brother was always annoyed that I wasn't "Happy enough" around the office. Well...I sacrificed all my professional goals and desires to work a job I hate for the benefit of him and my dad. And I felt like I never got any appreciation for that. No thank yous. So, I have a lot of resentment. My unsent letter will state some of this, but in a log angrier language...