1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

podiatrist referral

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Apr 8, 2016.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

So i get referred to a podiatrist after complaining to my doc of glute/back/neck pain. I am well into my journey of TMS recovery (only a few months but well on board with it). So the podiatrist confidently tells me he can help me 'you have 1 leg smaller that the other'. W#T*F I thought, so if this is true I assume it's from the chronic tension pulling more on the left hand side of my torso thus pulling the leg into the socket more and giving me a 'shorter leg' or maybe the hips aren't lined up and one side is higher up.???
    So I'm going with TMS has caused this to happen and not the shorter leg has caused all this pain.

Any thoughts please.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

For years I was told that I had (with regard to back pain):
    Facet joint syndrome
    Degenerative disc disease
    Scoliosis
    And much more. Then I read Sarno, who opened my eyes to alternatives.

I think you're on the right track, allinthemind!

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I think that "shorter leg" thing is a common, well-intentioned bunch of horse hooey. I'm not a leg expert, but I support your TMS approach 100%

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Went to the "top" running podiatrist years ago--three sets of painful custom orthotics later, that now lie there useless for years in the "foot care stuff box" under the bed--some heel lifts of various hights to "even out" the "leg length discrepancy" (from my understanding no one has two legs of equal length--when the heel lift didn't relieve the pain, doc-footsie said: "Put it in the other shoe,"--WHAT???. Long story short, about about $3,000 later, no relief from doc-footsie despite the gruesome pics of all the famous runner's feets he treated on his waiting room wall. I put podiatrists maybe a notch above chiroquacters. If you want to stick something in your shoe for good luck, those green Spenco insoles with the arch for about $10 are as good as anything, you can wash 'em and they last forever. Going barefoot is great too--nothing feels better then playing tennis barefoot on grass-courts.