1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me find solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Surajdhillon, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Surajdhillon

Surajdhillon Newcomer

Hi,
    I want to know about gait problem of my fiancee which she is hiding from me, i met her few times and she resist meeting me as i am heading towards arrange marriage.
    I can tell symptoms , please help me find whats going on.
    If she wear 1.5-2" heel then it looks from behind that she walks with a swing from right leg and slight right limp.
    In flats if she walks about 30 yards she walks with a limp on right side and also for more distance it looks she is not comfortable walking( i think she tries to walk right as she dont want me to notice)
    Once i saw Her right foot looks smaller than her left foot in all dimensions.
    When i asked once her family told me that she got injection in her sciatic nerve when she was 2 month and then she was treated for 2years by a homeopathic doctor and now no problem. But i noticed all this and i dont want to be cheated.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It is wise to inspect the merchandise before buying. Does she come with a money back guarantee if you are dissatisfied? Her parents story sounds completely legit. I know someone who has an unusual sliding gait, he had had polio as a child. Pancho Sagura, one of the greats of tennis had a terrible gait due to rickets but he sure could run.

If everything else looks to be in in good shape with your future betroth, I would go for it, no one is perfect--are you? I've seen some Indian arranged marriages that I was very impressed by, parents know their children better then they do and who would be a good match for them. Evidence for this can be seen in the high divorce rates in Western cultures where "Love is the answer", and the high TMS rates due to bad-relationship issues. In a year, after the love hormone wears off, you're on your own.

G'luck, try not to have too many children, contributing to global warming.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Surajdhillon

Surajdhillon Newcomer

Thnks tom

Thing is i m feeling they are hiding the problem. I want to know if they are right so that i can trust them.
    Is it possible if her foot is smaller, her whole leg can be short compare to left leg?
    Why she have better gait while wearinh heels

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Years ago a chiropractor said one of my feet was a little shorter than the other.
    He said this is common. It didn't affect my walking.

I wouldn't let it concern me as far as marriage goes.

5. Mala

Mala Well known member

Suraj, no one can help you with this. You have to help yourself.

Yours is a typical Indian arranged marriage but you must begin your journey with trust & honesty & respect for each other. Its the only way forward. If you feel that you are being 'cheated' or that the other party is not being totally honest then you need to deal with this aspect immediately.

Its is clear that the gait problem is bothering you a lot. If this is the case then you need to make it clear to your own parents & your fiancee's family & talk about it honestly & openly for your own sake & for hers too. This needs to be done NOW before u get married, not afterwards.

Even though this is an arranged marriage you should get to know each other a bit more before you embark on making such a life changing decision. Its common now in India for families to allow the couple to spend time together.

BTW is there a dowry involved?

Mala

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Suraj, I too hope you will get to know the person better before you marry.