1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Please help - Has my Mum got TMS?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Catherine20, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Catherine20

Catherine20 New Member

Hi all,

Please could you help me with some advice? It's on behalf of my Mum who is 72, she's suffering with a runny nose and face pain (right side), the pain is getting more severe, although thankfully it's intermittent at the moment.

She has seen a doctor who has advised her that it is a form of Rhinitis, she has been given anti-histamine tablets and spray but these do not work, the next step might be some form of operation as it is not getting any better. Quite a few years ago (6/7 yrs ago) she had a nose bleed which wouldn't stop and had to have one of the vessels cauterised. This new pain has started in the last month, she is also extremely tired, with symptoms a bit like Chronic Fatigue, but the doctor is checking her for Sleep Apnea.

She had a heart attack age 63 and had a stent fitted.

Could this face pain/runny nose be TMS or am I well off the mark here?

linnyc87 likes this.
  2. linnyc87

linnyc87 Peer Supporter

Sounds similar to what my mom is dealing with. She's been sickish with a self diagnosed sinus infection for the last two months.

I suspect that it's TMS for my mom because every since I was a child, she's ALWAYS had something wrong with her. Everyday for my whole life she has complained about something health related. She's a very "gloom and doom" kind of person. She's also been worrying about COVID.

Maybe you could do one of the TMS assessments with her.

Hope she gets better.

3. Catherine20

Catherine20 New Member

Thanks! I'll do that. Although my Mum has never been doom and gloom, but I do think she has a lot of regrets about a lot of things :)

linnyc87 likes this.