1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Plantar Facitis?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by gypsysoul, May 12, 2014.

1. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

Ok I am really having a hard time with Plantar Facitis. I went to a podiatrist who said I have the highest arches he's ever seen and not surprised I have PF. Did an xray and aside from a slight bone spur, Which shouldn't be causing pain, my foot is fine. This is a foot that I had major surgery on after a car accident but that was 7 years ago. I read somewhere where monte heuftle said that not all PF is TMS and it's stuck with me. Does anyone have any experience with PF?

Thanks!!!

2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi gypsy soul, here is a very good thread on Plantar Facitis. http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/can-chronic-plantar-fasciitis-be-tms.211/
    Keep your mind on healing. We all have a tendency to be under the control of our self doubts and then we have anxiety and pain because we don't achieve our goals, this builds much rage in our mind and body thus developing a loop of fear and frustration.
    When we develop an attitude that demands a change, we will make that change through controlling our emotions and re-actions to those emotions. Being in the now and learning... to be at peace with all of your environment, never holding yourself back because you fear something is a huge step in the right direction. Bless you

3. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

About two years ago I had intense PF in both feet for over 3 months. It was really depressing because the main exercise I truly love is walking. I spent hundreds of dollars on those crazy Z-coil shoes. I had no idea at the time that it could be TMS. I did meet a number of people who had it in the past and it had gone away on its own and I found that very encouraging. Oddly enough, what I ended up doing very much fits in with the TMS protocol but I did not realize it at the time. I simply refused to give up on walking. I had stopped for months and I truly missed it. I was living in Houston at the time and I started with resuming 10 minute walks. It was painful but I discovered it did not make the condition a whole lot worse. Then I slowly increased the length of my walks and started riding a bike. I wasn't really expecting it to go away, I just did not want it to control my life. Eventually it faded away. Now I walk about an hour a day, no foot pain and I love it. Sometimes I get up and my feet hurt but I just ignore it because now I know it is TMS. And it quickly goes away. You did see a doctor and it doesn't sound like they found anything. I certainly have experienced excruciating foot pain that clearly was caused by TMS so that is a possibility as well.

Ellen and Tennis Tom like this.
  4. happygal

happygal New Member

I am dealing with plantar fascitis among other things- but only in the mornings. I am convinced it is some type of TMS because sometimes I wake up at 5 AM in the morning to go to the bathroom and after the fact, I realize that my feet have felt totally fine, only to awake for the day 2 hours later and barely be able to walk. That makes absolutely no physical sense whatsoever. (I think I am angry in the morning that I have to get out of bed and take care of everyone when I just want to sleep in for once!)

If the doctor can't find anything wrong, I would persevere with the TMS theory. I have been trying lately to simply replace my fearful thought of "what if something is really wrong and I will have this forever" and focus instead on "there isn't anything wrong with me" and doing the "floating" thing from Dr. Claire Weekes and that has been helpful. Good luck!

Anne Walker likes this.
  5. SFscribe

SFscribe Peer Supporter