1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Piriformis ,sciatica.

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by intense50, Jun 2, 2016.

1. intense50

intense50 Well known member

First I wasn't going to post because of the perfectionist in me. I am 98% pain free.
    Nov Dec Jan 2016 , 3 months off work. Can't walk. Read healing back pain. Read again and again, Wiki, Steve O ect.

Got rid of workers comp, chiro,massage, pads ,ect. I knew that the longer I kept ''hitting'' tms with knowledge it would reveal its secrets to me.

I got an MRI, showed my doc Steve O, Sarno books. Told her to turn the screen and tell me only if she saw cancer,fracture or tumor.Told her my goal was to jog . She told me I was good to go and wished she had more patients like me.

I had some book cure in the beginning but needed to go through the work. The more time it took the more I became convinced it was tms. So in a way time is on your side because the longer it is there the more you know its not physical.
    Journaling was my life changer, and success stories (thanks psychosomatic for the videos). For years I would feel anger and never know why. I did see a therapist , she was not tms pro but very sympathetic to tms and my story. That really helped me. If you want details just read my story in profile.

My last goal was to jog. I always hated jogging. But when you have something taken away from you ,you appreciate all the little things. I now jog 5kms every chance I get and only when I want to. I don't should over my self anymore.
    Steve O told me to increase relaxation,laughing and letting go. Dr Shubiner to do more living, loving and doing things that are interesting.and letting go.

Now I journal less often but still do. I am much more mindful of my surroundings in real time.
    I meditate.
    NOW is all there is. The truth is NOW. The truth will set you free. I was living in my head, in the past, in the future.One day I read '' Don't live in your head there is no happiness there.'' it stuck with me.
    The big ONE is from Steve O book. ''Forgiveness'' so......true. Of others and myself.

I know how you feel believe me I do.

I want to thank GOD for keeping faith. Steve O , Dr Shubiner and Monte Huftle for responding to my emails. You are great human beings. Georgia Oldfield for her SIRPA site. But mostly THANK YOU Dr SARNO , you not only for saving my body but you saved my MIND and spirit and my wife for her love.
    Life is beautiful!!! Go outside and play.

Sincerely,
    Intense or maybe Not so Intense 50.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
    MWsunin12, Lily Rose, kld03c and 5 others like this.
  2. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Thanks for sharing your story. I admire your courage (especially with the MRI results). What a fantastic achievement :)

intense50 likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Intense50,

Thank you for sharing your success story. I love you listing the specifics of what helped you.

I enjoy the way you express yourself.

It seems you have found a way to apply discipline, steadfastness in your practice and at the same time relaxation, letting go. Bravo!

Andy B

MWsunin12 and intense50 like this.
  4. intense50

Thank you for your kind comments.

5. intense50

Since this last post I am feeling even better. I now have jogged my first 10k. I generally feel a lot less tension, by this I mean physically obviously, but mentally makes a big difference. I needed to confront and process inner issues and also learn to know myself. I meditate regularly and am much more calm. I journal occasionally and always am mindful. It gets easier and easier and habitual. I really did commit 100% in the diagnosis in the beginning and still am but now after almost 1 year since my journey began I am 101% in. I am totally pain free. I have lost 15 pounds, been to therapy and have opened up. No more restricting.Open and allowing thoughts to come and go and and just be me.
    I remember reading posts and people telling me 'you will heal' and just wishing I could be one of those success stories.
    I went through fear, ANGER lots of that, sciatica, piriformis,dizziness, ringing in the ears, knee pain, migraines, insomnia, anxiety , not all at once obviously.
    Keep reading and doing the work , just give it time and don't push it. I love this site! It saved my life, my marriage and most of all my mind.
    I remember watching the 20/20 video in 2011 and dismissing it. This time it stuck. When the student is ready the teacher will appear.
    Since you are here then you're ready. You have already began the journey and don't even know it. Thank SO MUCH AGAIN dr Sarno.

Sincerely, Intense 50 no more.....just call me AL xxoo

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Lily Rose, brendan537 and Ellen like this.
  6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Love your story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

intense50 likes this.
  7. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

That is all there is to it folks.

intense50 likes this.
  8. Adventureseeker

Adventureseeker Peer Supporter

Just read your post, it has given me a lot of courage since it seems I'm on the right track. I've also had really bad piriformis pain on both sides, as well as thigh and hip pain... been feeling better since I started the programme but I'm still afraid of running or walking too much. Did a 5 k walk two days ago and yesterday I wasn't that bad though not symptom free yet. Wishing good health to all of you!

9. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

great story of courage and just knowing and accepting the truth. Thanks for writing it all down.

intense50 likes this.
  10. intense50

Still running and bicycling. Working a bunch but now with different approach and attitude. Minor piriformis and aches, very minor. Meditation,and yoga. Who would have thought ME the construction guy,motorcycle racer would ever be doing yoga. I guess you can always teach a old dog a new trick.
    On a more serious note, notice how the previous phrase I made fun of myself. For me tms is all about being too tight and unallowing. The autonomic system is wound up. By being more open about your feelings and yourself and KNOWING nothing is wrong is helpful. Write or talk to someone or meditate it all good. Whatever YOU feel is good.
    For you detail oriented out there who want specifics you can read my story. Short version...... I needed to deal with the skeletons in my closet and my personality. Keep educating yourself one day at a time. LIFE is good.

Yours truly
    AL

11. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This is important to understand. Thank you!
    Andy B