1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 5 Pilates and piano playing :-)

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Caroline, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Caroline

Caroline New Member

Well I am finding this interesting so far. I have found it interesting to notice those past events which still hold a lot of power for me. This has provoked some strong emotions to arise in meditation. I felt quite raw and vulnerable earlier in the week but feeling stronger today.

Today I have done a pilates work out video, including those exercises which involve putting pressure my shoulder which I have not done for sometime. The most exciting thing has been spending almost an hour on the piano tonight - the time whizzing by without me noticing and only having very slight discomfort and stiffness.

I have a very slight discomfort in my shoulder tonight but nothing major - so the major backlash that I used to fear ('i'm not going to be able to sleep tonight', 'the pain will be so bad tomorrow') just hasn't materialised.

I have found becoming aware of those anger/sad/upsetting events really helpful. I also keep bringing to mind that there is no physical basis for it. Sometimes I take a caring tone, other times I am more direct with the pain and tell it where to go - it depends how I am feeling in myself at the time - what do I need? I have also taken to shouting/screaming in the car (not at anyone or anything in particular) - just to let out some of that stuck energy :)

Also instead of just listing events and that have made me angry/sad etc I have done some colourful mind maps to help bring them alive and help me see the interconnections.

Thanks everyone
    Caroline x

Ellen likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Approaching TMS and the inner workings of our mind with curiosity and interest is an effective approach.

Welcome to the Forum, Caroline!