1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Picking at TMS...again!! ffs I accept it already.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by allinthemind, Jun 28, 2017.

1. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

Hi,

So i know i have TMS, my symptoms are all over the place I know I have massively improved but the pain still lingers and I (my TMS brain) keep picking holes.

So we have these negative unconscious feelings going on that we are not aware of so the brain distracts us from them using pain, but we are not aware of the feelings as they are in our unconscious....FFS brain just accept it's TMS grrrrrr.

As i'm a typical tmser I have thought it through and come to this conclusion.

My feelings of sadness and anger were conscious at the time and causing me to be upset so my TMS brain says you don't need to put up with this, here have some stomach cramp for 5 mins then the TMS brain hides the negative feelings away in the unconscious never to be thought of again.

So if they are in the unconscious I no longer am conscious of these feelings so why then the distraction of pain???? Maybe because this cycle is still ongoing (I was about to write I am not consciously angry so it is not ongoing) so that is why i need to start looking at my personality traits. (It is ongoing I feel anger now when I shouldn't be, doing little daily tasks like house chores and getting the kids to school.)

Will the unconscious pain just dissipate or do I need to do some work with my unconscious, I didn't think this was that important.

thx for reading.

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

It is great that you have improved so much. You are well on the road to full recovery. Sounds to me like there is still preoccupation with the pain. This is the hardest part to conquer in a lot of cases. Have you read Alan Gordons post on outcome independence?

Focus on what you are doing during the day and practice indifference to the pain whether it comes or not.

3. allinthemind

allinthemind Peer Supporter

thx 'birdsetfree' for your time and reply. Will take a look at the post on outcome independence.