1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Physical manifestation of RSI?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Baru, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Baru

Baru New Member

I've been 'suffering' with RSI in my hands, arms and upper back for a while now. And while I understand TMS well, there's still one thing that keeps seeding doubts in my head.

When I try to flex my pinky finger on my right hand, I can't do it without also flexing the ring finger. And in the last 6 months or so, my middle finger also flexes slightly when I try to do the motion.

Meanwhile in my left hand, I can flex each finger individually.

Before I knew about TMS, I would attribute this to nerve damage or something, but now, I don't know what to think. Is this normal? What the hell?

2. Baru

Baru New Member

Update after 5 minutes of googling:

Apparently it's quite normal. I'm quite relieved.

Moderator can close or delete this thread now.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Baru.
    To fight pain with TMS I like to use one of my fingers. The middle one on my right hand.
    I stick it straight up into the air.

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

"When I try to flex my pinky finger on my right hand, I can't do it without also flexing the ring finger. And in the last 6 months or so, my middle finger also flexes slightly when I try to do the motion."

Same thing with me, but I don't have RSI. See above that it's quite normal as you state. No problem. No pain.