1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Physical exercise...a little different in my case...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by thecomputer, Dec 14, 2016.

1. thecomputer

thecomputer Well known member

So I'm on day 3! And I'm shocked at my list of traumatic things in my past...it's huge. And these don't include the thousands of tiny things that had a traumatic effect on me, being a bit too sensitive for my own good as many have said!

Anyway, I am pondering the question about exercise. It's a bit different for me as my pain is in my throat muscles, and it is related to vocal use. If I do not use my voice I do not feel much pain. So exercise for me is using my voice.

I spent 6 months never using my voice freely, always scared, always in pain, progressively more the more I spoke. On Sunday I had a pretty amazing day where I had real conversations, and was not obsessed with pain, I forgot about it for a bit! My voice was still gruff but it was the best day in 6 months.

I do believe this is down to reading g about tms a lot in the last week or two. But the last two days have been brutal...my chronic pharyngitis has flared up and throat feels tight and rough. I'm ill too, so it doesn't help.

But the fear is still therw around using my voice, because the pain gets so bad that I feel my throat spasming and feeling like it's going to close, so it can get scary.

I am keeping the faith and just journal long a lot, and thinking psychological as much as I can

Thanks everyone for all the support

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, robodelfy. It looks to me like you are making good progress with your vocalizing, thanks to believing more about TMS and emotions causing the symptom.