1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 Physical activity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by npoise, Jun 19, 2017.

1. npoise

npoise New Member

No crying today as I am having difficulty completing the TMS List especially recalling the past, will do it in the future.

When was the last time you experienced / did another physical activity: Today
    What was the activity? Yoga
    How did it make you feel physically and emotionally?
    Physically: Great to help me stretch
    Emotionally: Peace

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

You're doing great. You are finding peace with yoga, and I am sure it is building you self-confidence. Are you taking a class in yoga? If not, there are some excellent free yoga videos on YouTube. You are having a problem thinking about the past and repressed emotions. Try to journal each day so you discover those emotional causes of your pain. You don't have to dwell on them, just acknowledge them.

3. npoise

npoise New Member

I am doing a class yoga, called Iyengar Yoga.
    Thank you for the suggestion Walt, I will try to recall a past and repressed emotions daily and jot it down.

4. Lydia

Lydia Peer Supporter

Hi there,
    Don't push yourself... recalling past events and repressed emotions is not so easy sometimes... small steps are fine! You've just started this Program, give yourself time.
    When writing doesn't work, you might try something else. As long as your energy is directed into unraveling what is hidden in yourself, it is helpful. You can also talk or sing out aloud, about past events. You will notice in your body, what method works best for you...
    Remember, your intention to do so, to commit yourself to this path of self-observation and bringing more clarity in your (inner) life, is already so beautiful!
    Wish you lots of benefits of doing yoga and support from this Forum!
    Lidwien