1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Physical activity

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Archaea, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Archaea

Archaea New Member

The SEP says that I might want to post my comments from Day 3 of the program.

Here is the prompt:

When was the last time you exercised or did another physical activity? What was this activity? How did it make you feel physically and emotionally? If it is has been a while since you last exercised, why?
    And here is my response:

I just this week decided to do everything and anything that I want to do. My ten year old son and I played pass with a baseball. I ran around and jumped and twisted and threw. I had been afraid for a couple of months that I would make things worse if I did this type of activity. It had no effect at all on my pain. No better, no worse. I just ignore the pain. Sometimes it even goes away. Progress? I don't know, its only day 3.

Thanks for reading-

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, at the very least, you did convince yourself that your TMS pain was not linked to physical activity, which helps to refute a structural diagnosis for its origins. If the underlying cause was structural, you'd hurt more with each bend and twist of your body. Assuming you've been checked out for any pre-existing medical condition, such experiences should help you deprogram your habitual pain pathways. Also, interacting with your son will help overcome any social isolation your pain has caused.

Good for you!