1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Physical activity & exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jaykay, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Jaykay

Jaykay Newcomer

Hi all, the question to ponder for day 3 was in regards to exercise and physical activity. I'm not sure whether it was suggesting that physical activity should be something to consider. I have always believed the physical activity was a very good thing - motion is lotion. It is what I have taught now for the best part of thirty years. But my current condition is that I have cartilage wear in both my knees and this has severely curtailed my activity. I currently do nothing. I am very angry, frustrated, and upset about why this has happened to me. I've spent all my years in the pursuit of fitness thinking it was the right thing to do; don't smoke, don't do drugs, I eat well, and drink only occasionally; yet here I am essentially broken and staring down the barrel of arthritis and disability. Just seems so unfair. But I know that life isn't fair either. As for physical activity. I suppose I will have to, one day, get back to doing something in time. Trying to keep perspective. jk

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, JayKay. You're right about physical activity... it's great for the body and the morale. I am 85 and have to be careful not to fall, but I do some exercise. I do some easy exercises for seniors on Youtube. They are easy and take only 10 or 20 minutes, some sitting and some standing. I suggest you take a look at them and give them a try. I watch them on my computer monitor but if have a tv that gets Youtube you can watch them there.

Keep believing your pains are from TMS, your emotions. The SEProgram will help you a lot with them.