1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pesky hormonal problems...talk me out of the gyn

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Getting_Better, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Getting_Better

Getting_Better New Member

End of December, I developed what I thought was an ovarian cyst. Rather, I *know* so I didn’t go to the gyn. Symptoms persisted during ovulation since then of bladder pressure, feeling like my ovary is going to explode out my hip while urinating (lol that’s the only way to describe how intense it is), and some pain down my thigh. When I had a cyst last year, it was constant and horrible but this is nothing like that. I’ve had issues with this ovary since, well, menarche. She’s “special”. That hip area is where I store all my trauma, so it’s no coincidence.

I’ve also had additional hormonal symptoms that are unusual for me (no, not pregnant, before anyone suggests). I’m resisting so much going to the doctor. Hormonal symptoms are classic TMS, and I have endometriosis anyway. I committed myself so much to TMS (and to stop my doctor addiction) that I switched my insurance to so it’d be uber expensive to see a doctor. So if I do go, I have to want to be out of hundreds of dollars...which will never happen because I’m cheap.

Of course this is all coming up probably because I started trauma therapy for PTSD and my brain is saying “No, please don’t discover xyz, it’s icky!!” It’s been a wild ride so far.

My immediate reaction is to get an ultrasound and blood test. But I want to stick with TMS. I guess I need some reassurance (especially from women) that I should stop seeking physical answers.

I just started Wim Hof Method because it’s a nice compliment to TMS and it’s good for all this stuff, we’ll see how it goes.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Getting Better,

I noticed that no one has replied to this post so I thought I'd chime in with my two cents worth. I had endometriosis and many (painful) ovarian cysts in my late 30's. This was long before I heard of TMS. I tried homeopathic remedies and several outpatient procedures in order to postpone having a hysterectomy at such a young age. At 41, I decided the pain and interruption to my daily life was too much and had a complete hysterectomy. For me, it was the right decision. Since then, I've been on bio identical hormone therapy. At my gyn checkup last month, I asked her how long I could stay on hormones. Her reply was that I could take them until I die. Which I plan on doing since my mom went kind of crazy during menopause. I will say that hormone replacement has had the added benefit of keeping my skin young and almost wrinkle free at age 58.

I'm not sure if there's a direct link between hormonal issues and TMS. It's possible that stress, anger, or unresolved emotions trigger hormones to "act up." I had a tremendous amount of family and work stress in my 30's. I think it's smart to treat this as TMS and then if it doesn't resolve, you always having the option of going the medical route. It depends on how great the impact is on your life. It's a very personal decision.