1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Personal Achievements

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

"You Are What You Think About All Day"

Much of TMS is about facing inner deep subconscious thoughts that are holding us back and replacing with boldful, new, and optimistic thoughts of relationship with life.
    Its about recognizing our reactions to stressors and why are we having those reactions. Its about the pain, the depression, the inner turmoil and illness. Its about how we face and recognize those issues of fear and defeat and never again letting those thoughts hold us back because we have run from them so long, no , see now we face them and let them enter our thoughts all awhile never judging them just facing them. Then the next step is we go and enter into our relationship to life. Joy in the sunshine and fullness of heart with our loved ones. Self compassion plays a huge roll in TMS healing

Gaining self control over our own thoughts can be of great benefit.
    While learning TMS healing we learn how to control our thoughts and maybe not like a Buddhist monk but the results are phenomenal if carried through as in a life change. Like who would have ever thought that you can tell your pain to stop after you've become reconditioned and it will.

Before I learnt TMS healing I had this thought line that said that Sarno guy can't be for real. Look at all the other studies you've already done and you couldn't get healed with the knowledge of all those mind body experts then you ain't going to get healed here either. The issue was that Dr. Sarno said we could live a normal life now. We could think about a brighter future now. We could take back our lives and live a normal existence. He had a way of convincing you -- you are alright -- you just been thinking about what you are now all day -- subconsciously and unconsciously.

He said we had the power in our strong body to get up and go about our everyday lives, all we needed to do was believe in the diagnosis and use mental will training and really learn to heal.

His concepts have been so revolutionary that thousands have healed and to never look back again at the old beaten , defeated self. They dont want to set anymore and watch the days go by -- No -- they know letting the days go by was what had them in the clutches of despair so they decided to take control with will training and a commitment to life and learning to have a love for self and life again returning back to wholeness and re- inventing the balance they once had.

Its all about working today for a future healing and when that future healing happens you will be astonished even then. I know I was Because thats how strong our belief systems can be hence the re-conditioning.

By and large without this knowledge therapy you are powerless to do anything because you have been memed so much by the world of medicine.

Some will say --No wonder so many people carry on in the same old way. Where is the help with motivation, persistence and sheer willpower? Easier said than done some think but if you know how to create a habit then you can heal because TMS healing is about creating a habit of relationship back to loving life.

Personal Achievements
    • I started my exercise regimen again and I get very excited every time im going to exercise -- before I just prayed and had wishful thoughts about exercise. Exercising now is joyful -- before it had gotten miserable. I enjoy the conversation and the meeting new people social side of it too. The walk or weight lifting or ball game just happens and I don't count the minutes.
    • I also love great pictures so now when I walk or ride my bike I find great pictures. Thats a very comfortable feeling.
    • I took up my guitar again - a personal enjoyment. I play with my fiance more and friends and my grand-children..
    I have since used TMS healing in many areas of my life with equally successful outcomes.

I just wish I had discovered this powerful thing called TMS knowledge therapy years ago.
    But im sure glad for the lessons life has taught me so well.

Have you got some personal achievements you'd like to add to this thread rather for the future or now- it would make some good conversation that always leads to a better stronger confident self. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

One of the things I've learned in personal achievements is perseverance.
    Keep trying, keep going, keep having faith in the Lord.
    Never give up.

And one achievement leads to another. Like one step leads to going the distance
    to the finish line.

The achievements bring us stronger confidence in ourselves.

Your post is terrific, Herbie.

I hope others will share their thoughts and personal achievements.

I have to use the snow blower again tomorrow morning.
    I got rid of 3 inches of snow today and had no back pain.
    It was a personal achievement today
    and I'll have another one tomorrow.
    How's that for positive thinking?

Personal achievements are all a part of positive thinking.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

That's awesome Walt. Your really doing great. Im very proud of you. That's great personal achievements.
    Perseverance, keep going, keep believing, never give up.
    Thanks

Ruth_L likes this.
  4. nancy

nancy Well known member

I will never give up, too strong a German! Very stubborn and dedicated to winning in the end. I
    am exercising with pain but will stay strong through it all. That is my true love in life, next to my
    family, it simply makes me feel good. I know I am getting physically stronger and feeling good
    after every session. Perseverance is the KEY! Thanks, Erik and Walt, love to you both, Nancy

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ruth_L like this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Great, Nancy. I need to exercise more. I have a tai-chi DVD. I just have to play it!

I do get exercise each day... getting up from the computer to play with Annie, let her out into the yard
    to do her things, etc. I'm always up and down and bending to pick up something I dropped.

I know it's not the same. Now where is that DVD?

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ruth_L like this.
  6. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

These are wonderful!

I've been doing Just Dance 2014 & Zumba World Party on xboxone which tracks your progress. When I first started a couple of weeks ago my feet, rather my left foot with PF really hurt so much.

Last night I danced without any foot pain whatsoever! Plus I was able to follow the dancers on screen so much better. On JD they show you a sped-up hilarious video of how one danced, wow, I have improved so much too.

I am a work-in-progress. I am healing.

Namaste.

7. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Dancing is a great exercise for the body and spirit.

Here's Annie looking for Santa Claus out our front window.

annie at window 3.jpg

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is so cool that your making progress Nancy. You are on the right track.
    Stay with us and we all heal together. Its good that you have folks to share with.
    It will be awesome when we hear your success story. I feel its coming soon.
    If you make 1% percent progress a week that's good, cause after 52 weeks- Wow
    Then with that knowledge its just a minute away. Glad to hear your doing good.
    Keep us posted and if any set- backs you know were here for ya dear, Bless You.

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love this picture Walt, Its great to know the power of friendship
    She actually looks as if she's spotted him.

10. Eric "Herbie" Watson

This is super great Ruth_L -- Keep that action rolling.
    Those games aren't easy to do. I tried it with my nieces and it wopped me
    Your onto some great stuff.
    Thanks

11. Ruth_L

Ruth_L Peer Supporter

IKR, Walt's dog is super cute!!

Yes yes yes!! Exactly! :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  12. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hey Erik, thanks for responding! I am doing better. I went to the gym yesterday and probably
    was so excited that I did too much, I paid for it today, you bet! That's ok, I'll wait a few days and
    lessen up with the amount of weights I use and also my time on the tread mill. I upped it to three
    mi. yesterday as I use to walk or run 5-6 mi daily. I need to realize that I'm not 30 or 40 any longer.
    What a b...h. I will stay the course. Do you have any great meditations?? God Bless, Nancy

13. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Ruth_L)- Affirmations: I am pain free. My feet are pain free. I love my feet and they feel love from me. I am healing. I love my feet. I love my life. I am happy. I am letting go of all the pain in my feet.

Eric)- I love this Ruth_L you sure know your business. I'd like to make an affirmation that ill be using for a matter of time.
    Im stronger than I can imagine. I possess the power to heal every fiber of my being. I am in control and full of peace, love and joy. I can do all things through Christ whom strengthens me. If I love me and I do then my life force will take over and the work is complete. I can do all things, Im high above all doubt and strife, flying high on angels wings -- completely in control of my thoughts thus my destiny.

Now with that being said I want to take a page from your affirmations and make it a part of my own.
    -- I am pain free, my thoughts and body are pain free. I love my body and it feels love for me. I am healed and I love my life. I am happy. I am letting go of all the pain in my life and body. I am the source of power that lights up the joy, peace and love in my life. I am that city that sits on top of the mountain where all exceptional people look to be healed. I have complete control over every fiber of my being cause I love myself unconditionally.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Ruth_L likes this.
  14. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Nancy you are doing exceptionally well, I don't think age has anything to do with it dear. We often say well im getting older and getting older might be true but according to Dr. Bob Arnot -- ( http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...55B7A4830D323739A808A0FFCA5F&selectedIndex=11)--
    we still gain muscle and endurance as a 25 year old would at any age we decide to start on an exercise program. So know you might have some soreness and you might have pushed hard at your workout but you are in control. You know the rules and you know your body so keep on keeping on. Your shining through more everyday. I have seen you grow a lot in your time here. You have re-dedicated yourself to getting back to living and that's the force of life.

If I have any good meditation id say for you today it would be to meditate on joy, peace and love. Pay attention to your breathing as you meditate on joyful thoughts and breath in for a count of 1-- hold for 4 seconds and breath out to the count of two. This will work for you in two ways. The affirmations will help you feel the love and joy in your body which will bring more life force to you and the breathing will supply you with pure oxygen in a way that will flood your body with nutrients and also help you blood circulate tons better for an over-all feeling of peace and achievement.

We often don't think how important our breathing is and we often don't focus in this area but if you was to ask yourself what is the most important nutrition you could put into your body other than the power thoughts of the affirmations it would be your breathing. So start out slow at first and then work your way up. Your an over comer.

Bless you

15. David B

David B Well known member

Herbie,
    This was inspirational. I am so happy for you. Your points on belief and will are so true and really important . Belief in TMS as my pain cause was the spark for the improvements I have seen in just a week, but I know the fuel for continued improvement is will. It is also what we must dig for when symptoms intensify or shift or anxiety rises up. I know. I have had to do some serious digging in the past month.

16. Eric "Herbie" Watson

You got it David, The fuel for continued improvement is will. That's it.
    Yes use your will each and every time you do your tms work
    so you can effect a change and soon it will become effortless.

17. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Nancy, your progress is wonderful. Walking is so good for the body and mind.

You asked for a favorite meditation. If it's a mantra, this one is centuries-old but still
    said daily, repeated often, by Greek Orthodox and monks...

"The Jesus Prayer"

Lord Jesus Christ,
    Son of God,
    Have mercy on the sinner.

I find it to be very calming.

18. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Herbie, thanks for posting this thread. I have just gone through a few days of pure hell with some kind of infection and then a horrible reaction to the antibiotic. I usually refuse medication which has got me a label of AMA (Against Medical Advice) on my chart that will now follow me everywhere. Basically, doctors no longer take you seriously because, hey, you don't listen to them. Well I do listen but I don't believe they are messengers from God. There's a big difference, lol.

Anyway, your post made me realize that I have felt like a victim all my life. I would have denied that but it's true. There is something incredibly freeing about what you are saying (and others, here). We are not just victims, no matter what happens. We have a life and we have choices. We need to remember that.

19. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Njoy you are so insightful. Im so sorry for what you've gone through. How are you doing? I wish you well in all you do. Im in full gratitude for you bringing this thought up. Its very powerful thought -- that we always have a choice no matter what happens. This is Spot on Njoy. Thank You again. I know now you'll choose to get better.
    I remember early in the year after this spotted tic fever I had been diagnosed with-- it was one of the hardest things id ever faced, I knew in my heart though Njoy if id just take it easy and let any negative thoughts roll off from me then id get through it quicker ( sort of like Stamatis Romatis) in his story I posted in the thread about balance. I actually worked my life just like he did and im super now, 100%. It took me understanding that to be happy I had to loosen up and just enjoy everything and I did, Its a wonderful experience.
    Bless You

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. nancy

nancy Well known member