1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Persevering

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by abuglet, Jul 22, 2015.

1. abuglet

abuglet New Member

I continue to journal, and I did the meditation exercise that was relaxing. Most times I have meditated it has involved ascension to the third eye in the forehead, a Carmelite technique my dad taught me, this one was more body based, which was interesting. I was able to sit yesterday in the lawn chair and read....first time I could do that in a long while. I walked this morning about 3.5 miles, and pain developed on my right side...never there before. Hmmmm. Interesting. Anyhow, I will get on with things today and try to cultivate some patience with this , as it is all a bit frustrating. I just want to get on with life as it was before...lots of wonderful things to do! I also do not want to fight myself, but shake hands with the subconscious, acknowledge what it has to say, and do what I need to do to get better but also change how I do things for a healthier life.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, abuglet. Your progress report is very good. You are dealing with TMS the right way, and making great strides in the TMS program.

It's normal for pain to come and go or move around as you discover and deal with your repressed emotions. Patience is important in
    TMS healing. It's wonderful that you were able to sit outside and read, and take that nice long walk. I hope you can go a little farther each day, and ignore any pain. Keep telling your subconscious that you know it's trying to help you, and keep believing your pain is TMS psychological and not structural.

Enjoy your success and keep happy. The less you think about pain or monitor it, the faster it will go away.