1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Perfectionism is the enemy

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JBG1963, Oct 15, 2017.

1. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

I feel like I'm doing battle with some long, long held beliefs and feelings. Today I've come to view the perfectionism as my inner bully-something separate from myself. She routinely beats me up emotionally and causes low self-esteem and lack of confidence. I'm vowing to stand up to the inner bully. Nothing has to be perfect; it only has to be real. Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this topic? I literally feel like I am doing battle. Thanks, Jo

2. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

3. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

Thanks so much for the book idea, rainbow. I'll take a look ;)

4. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

Just yesterday, I figured out the root cause of my perfectionism and it was eye-opening. I had never considered that event to be the driver behind it all. Once I knew the root cause, it was really easy to see it in a different light. I hope I can let it go peacefully now.

5. JBG1963

JBG1963 Peer Supporter

I'm so happy for you, Rainbow, that you found the source. I keep waiting for that to happen, I have some guesses, but nothing really jumps out. I've considered hypnosis as an option to get at the root of it. I, too, hope you can now let it go peacefully.

6. Aziz

Aziz Peer Supporter

Thanks for the recommendation! I just got the book.