1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

people pleaser - shoulder pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by everlong, Aug 19, 2015.

1. everlong

everlong New Member

my pain in my shoulders and upper back started when i started a new job, i don't know if I've always been a people pleaser, but i wanted to please all my colleagues and my managers and show them what i was capable of i took extra hours on that i knew i couldn't do and really wanted to impress people, I'm guess thats why my pain came on, how do work through this and eliminate it?

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. kevinmichael

kevinmichael Peer Supporter

I do not think you developed a new personality the day you started that new job. The anger/rage that is characteristic of the people pleaser personality was most likely prevalent for many years. I would suggest taking it down a notch at work. People will still see you as a competent employee. No job is worth getting sick over ,believe me I know. I would suggest reading the four John Sarno M.D. books if you have not done so. There are dozens of You Tube videos that are important to watch. I am new to this forum and I am going to stay with it.;) :) The prescription is knowledge.welcomea

riv44 likes this.
  3. riv44

riv44 Well known member

What a privilege to welcome a newcomer.

4. everlong

everlong New Member

Thank you Kevin Michael i left that job a few months ago because i hated it haha, i have read all of Dr Sarnos books there very helpful.