1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pelvic pain sufferers are u out there

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kfw, May 26, 2020.

1. kfw

kfw New Member

hello. I am new to this site but found it during one of my many searches for answers. I had a hysterectomy in oct and after suffered multiple infections. After the last infection I was left with immense bladder pain to which drs led me down the nerve pain path and ic path. Finally my pt (who I love) diagnosed me me with pelvic floor trigger points. I was able to get the trigger points under control by Jan and started getting back to the gym. I was very active prior to surgery, running 5 miles per day, Xfit 5x per week, ft job, 3 ypung kids and husband traveled 75% of the month (no family around). Anyhow at end of Jan I had a setback and issue got so much worse. I developed 2 new trigger points and strained my levator muscle which causes spasms that leave incredibly uncomfortable sensations throughout my pelvic floor. I have developed such bad anxiety and depression since I am not able to keep up with the life I love. I have made it 1/2 way thru Sarnos book and listened to several podcasts and while I can identify with the characteristics of a tms sufferer, I cannot figure out what repressed emotions could be the issue. It seems like the majority of sufferers struggle with back pain or pain that comes from nowhere. My pain is froma definite event and wakes me from a dead sleep so not sure if it fits. Also would love to hear a pelvic pain sufferer that has recovered

2. Riffdex

Riffdex Peer Supporter

You said you made it 1/2 way through Sarno's book. Are you currently reading it - did you stop? I think you have to fully commit to the course. I would recommend you take a moment to read the entire book from front to back. If it's been awhile since you stopped, then begin at the start again. If you are currently reading and you feel like the beginning didn't sink in, start again anyways. Sarno is clear in his teachings that it is not necessary to recognize what repressed emotions could be the issue. The primary components of healing is recognizing that repressed emotions ARE the cause, and believing it on a fundamental level. I think you are stuck at the first phase of recognizing the cause, but you don't truly believe on a fundamental level yet. This is a tricky place to be stuck, because it's not as easy as snapping your fingers and believing it. It's not a clear cut goal that is measurable. It's not like reading a textbook and you get to the last page and you realize that you completed the textbook (the goal). It's not a race where you cross the finish line and it's black and white when you are there. It's a situation where you could read the textbook many times and finally it just "clicks" and you fundamentally believe it. Having said that, I think you're very focused on the end result ("relief") and you need to focus on the work ("do the reading").

3. kfw

kfw New Member

So while I appreciate you writing this sounds very judgemental. I am new to this and hadn’t finished the book only because I just got it. I have been searching for answers and support for months So when I came across this just a few weeks ago I was looking for some insight. I have been reading when I can in between work and the demands of three small kids with homeschooling..so yes the book is taking longer to get thru. I have also reached out to a counselor In the pain clinic who I already started meeting with on Monday. I have done months of research, pt work and doctors and just recently came across this. So for you to insinuate that I am not willing to do the work adds insult to injury. most posts are about back pain that came out of nowhere, I was merely looking for some supportive insight as to if pelvic pain from a surgery could meet the qualifications. No need to respond as I will no longer come to this site for support but thought i should let you know that your email did hurt

4. Riffdex

Riffdex Peer Supporter

Hi. I’m very sorry if I upset you. This was not my intention. I was trying to help, but I can agree that I do not always convey my message in the most compassionate way. I would hope you can forgive me for the tone I took . I did not mean any harm but there is definitely some truth in it if you took it that way. I would hope you can forgive me and that you will continue to search for answers on this website, even if you choose to ask others for advice besides me.

I think you will find that this website overall is a very supportive community. It was here that I was able to heal my wrist pain years ago.

5. kfw

kfw New Member

appreciate the note Riffdex, I really do think it is nice of you to take the time to write

Riffdex likes this.