1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pelvic pain and lower back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, Aug 3, 2018.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

To those who have healed or currently have pelvic pain. Do any of you also have lower back pain ? .this seems to be my most consistant (when I wake up my back is stiff) and I had foot pain (plantar fasciitis) before the back pain started.

The back pain started after a fall on my tailbone and soon after I started getting pelvic pain symptoms. My doctor told me it's just anxiety and stress it's not herniated disc. I've been going to pshyio since March only once every two weeks then 3 weeks I'm at 4 weeks a vist now.

I want to believe its tms but my pshyio insists its psyhical (leg chain reaction causing a muscle imbalance). And that stretching working out will help. Although my flexibility has gotten better in my hamstrings. There is still tightness in my back by my si joint hips left hamstring. Thanks

2. SarahR

SarahR New Member

Hi nameK,

I have pelvic Pain and also lower back pain! That was actually one of my first symptoms and it’s always there. I haven’t healed yet, but feeling a lot better mentally while in the TMS proces. Good Luck!

Sarah

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

Male pelvic pain is a very misunderstood issue. Is it pelvic floor or other areas.

A good urologist, that is aware of mind body issues can take care of that for you pretty easily. Mine showed up about 1.5 years after my lower back pain. Interesting, my lower back pain had just resolved, then the pelvic floor. After several urologist that had no idea, I found one and she resolved it within a few weeks. Interesting I had foot pain as well, that only lasted about 8 weeks.

Best of luck to you, you are well on your way. Stay strong!!

4. NameK

NameK Well known member

So what helped you recover I still have the lower back pain every day but recently it's been a bit worse and I haven't really noticed my pelvic symptoms since my urologist said everything checked out okay . Minus one hour where I had the testicle pain but it switch back to my lower back not long after. I still get dribbling little flow issues etc. I've had symptoms since mid February and I haven't had any pain free days yet. But I started working out again despite the pain (it is gone when I'm exercising or distracted not thinking about it ). Also I'm going to start medicating and finally I'm gonna start tms work soon gonna buy sarnos the divided mind.

5. Dfw

Dfw Peer Supporter

I found Dr Hanscom book along with Dr Schubiner books to be the best resources. Cost wise, they are both available for less than the cost of a copay. I strongly encourage anyone & everyone to read both of those books. They really helped me more than Sarnos book, maybe because they are more encompassing.

I started with a physical therapist and quickly moved to a personal trainer. They were able to work on my muscle tone in my back, neck, shoulder etc. I purposefully moved from a therapy office to a gym quite rapidly, as being in a « therapy » office was a continual reminder of « something physical » must be wrong. I did encompass yoga, meditation and other mind body based programs, as well.

It wasn’t a linear process, but after a final week of pretty intense pain, it resolved after 18 months. January 2016.

Hope this helps. Any more questions feel free to post or PM.

Almost forgot the most important part of recovery##########
    TREAT your MIND & BODY WELL—Eating healthy & balanced meals, alcohol in moderation, if at all, least amount of meds as possible, good sleep, time to relax, de-stress, body based practice. If you do not do this, the rest will not work.

Best to you!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Time2be likes this.