1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pelvic floor pain - What does Doctor Sarno say?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BeWell, Sep 23, 2016.

1. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    Renee likes this.
  2. riverrat

riverrat Well known member

Thank you for sharing this -this is my most difficult tms pain i am working on healing.

3. ezer

ezer Well known member

Yes Pudendal Nerve Entrapment is TMS in my opinion. I am the living proof. I have been diagnosed with PNE by 5 different physicians yet I recovered. It was neither quick or easy.

The goofiest claims are made by sufferers. I have seen claims of PNE pain starting when they walked backward or sat in a car for a trip. If it were true, many truck drivers would suffer terribly from years of sitting and bouncing on top of a seat.

The PNE experts base their diagnosis by eliminating common pathologies (UTI, bacterial prostatitis) and tight pelvic floor muscles in the path of the pudendal nerve. Of course the muscles are tight in a painful area. It is no proof the pathology even exists.

4. riverrat

Hi ezer
    Can you please help know where to start? I never have not been diagnosed with anything other than tight pelvic floor muscles. PT did not help at all. All the various physical treatments did not help. Sitting isn't too bad so i don't fully fit in the pudendal category but mostly have constant vaginal, perineum, rectal psin that is the hardest for me. There's a lot of fear and conditiinung i know. I have Some minor abdominal muscle psin. Low back and tailbone pain is improved. Had this years ago and it improved alot to where I didn't care much about it. But after a difficult, draining and stressful emotional couple years it returned ( Nothing physical prompted it) and now I am struggling so much. Trying to focus on tms only and get to the source. Can you share what helped you most? I would appreciate anything you can offer to help me heal and my life back again. Ups and downs. Was some better last week and am a mess again this week. I need help... Thank you for sharing.

5. ezer

ezer Well known member

riverrat, please read my 1st post on this forum. I think it may answer some of your questions. But please don't focus on what area of the body hurts a certain day. It is irrelevant. Tomorrow it will be something else.

6. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

Oh yes I can vouch for this. My ass is going to fall out. Levator ani syndrome is horrible. All day every day. But it's good to read that sarno acknowledged this as a tms area.

7. Alfaman147

I saw a pt who said my muscles were tight and knotted and said it's caused by the brain. It's an obsession and I think that is what keeps feeding the brain with the messages to keep everything tense.

8. riverrat

Thanks ezer

9. Alfaman147

Riverrat does your anus and rectum feel like they are going to burst??? Is it like a huge ache and pressure and makes bowel movement difficult??? I can assure you it is nothing more than tension. All caused by the anxiety and pain cycle. Does your pain go away when you are asleep or drunk???

10. riverrat

Yes, It's vaginal, rectal and perineum that drives me be bonkers. And some strange abdominal sensation with lots of menstrual cramps. Have had pain on back, and sciatica too but that's better and not as painful for me as the the vaginal. PT did nothing for me- made me worse really. She was too rough. Have tried several physical modalities. Nothing works. So I know tms. Had this years ago for 3 years and it got 90% better for many years until the last year it returned from a very difficult and stressful and Emotionally draining year. I know if life would flow and I didn't have this responsibility and stress I currently do, the psin would go. You are right it us nothing but tension from Stess. But to cope and handle my stress the problem for me...nexr week is court date from this legal mess with my mom over her bullying neighbir. Not her fault at all poor lady. It's just constant crap in my life. I'm very nervoys about court next week... And feel terrible for what thus jerk is putting my 76 year old mom through...

11. riverrat

I never drink because it makes me feel yucky. Pain usually wakes me up at 4:00 but I need to get up at 5:00 anyway for my kids a d work. Some nights I sleep some nights not so much. I definitejt feel like pain us worse when I'm over tired. Anxiety over the many problems going on is part of why I haven't slept much the last year.

12. Carletto

Carletto New Member

Alfaman can you help me?? I have terrible neuropathy anal pain , i live in Italy...yes when i 'm asleep pain go away

13. Alfaman147

Any pain that goes away is caused by the brain in my opinion. Mine is just tension. Someone said to me basically it's my anus and pelvis gearing up for a fight. It's the fight or flight response. It stops us pooping or farting basically so as to not draw attention to ourselves. I have been off work for a month with this and I'm going back on Monday. The discomfort was about 80 percent gone last week but because I'm thinking about going back to work and being in pain I'm feeling it more. It's muscle tension pure and simple and I know that. It's just hard to move on from it. But it's really best to just try and carry on as best as possible. It's obviously how my body handles stress. For some reason when I have anxiety I'm sort of programmed to think about my anal tension. It's like a habit. And I'm feeling a bit crap and iv still got another 5 days before work. I may just go back maybe 3 days a week for the first few weeks just to get back into the swing of things. Somatoform disorder I think is very similar to tms. But basically what I kind of feel is the feeling I need to poop even when I don't need to. And I have a constant ache all around and sometimes inside my anus. But I assure u all its purely psychological. I had this since 2009 and I had periods of months and even a year without it. And I beat it the last time by just stopping looking on this forum and Google. Just stopped talking to anyone about it. Stopped torturing myself over it and searching for an answer and searching for a cure. There is no cure only to carry on with life and as time goes on it is a great healer. It's no quick fix but eventually your brain starts to forget about the pain and thinks about something else instead. I'm an idiot to come back on here yet again to search for reassurance but it's a hard habit to break. It's a cliché but there really are some people out there with much worse things than we have. Some people who are dying with cancer or other horrible illnesses. And I know we all think we have some terrible illness and it hasn't been spotted but that's just our health anxiety kicking in. Believe me we have had it for so long we would be dead by now haha.

14. adyxon

adyxon Peer Supporter

I want to ask you a question. I realise that my depression is quite bad sometimes. I am thinking to go in antidepressants for while.
    Because when a have bad days i can't really work on TMS.
    Do you think that will be a good ideea?