1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 29 Past, Present, and Future

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MSZ812, Apr 26, 2017.

1. MSZ812

MSZ812 Well known member

Today's reading was particularly eye-opening. By focusing on the past, we feed emotions like anger, guilt, and resentment. By focusing on the future, we feed anxiety and tension. I'm guilty of this (There I go, focusing on the PAST!). I am beginning to implement some Present-thinking techniques, which I think will help simplify my thought process.

1. Pay attention to my thought process: How often am I truly thinking about Past or Future things? What is triggering these thoughts?

2. Focus on the little things: When I brush my teeth or shampoo my hair, my mind often drifts off to a past event or a worry about the future. I will focus on the actual thing that I'm doing, even if it's routine or mundane.

3. Meditate on positive: I often ignore the many blessings in my life. I will work to acknowledge my blessings.

For those of you that needed to be more Present to help heal, what techniques worked for you?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Focus on input from your senses: touch, sound, scent, vision, taste. This immediately brings you to the present and stops thinking about past and future. It's a great cure for anxiety, too.

MSZ812 likes this.