1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Palpitations and loss of sleep

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Evurr, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Evurr

Evurr Newcomer

Hi

I've been aware of TMS for some time but it's been a while since I've had such a destructive symptom and it's doing it's job... I'm terrified.

To cover the bases, I've had an ECG and blood tests, they have found nothing wrong.

So, it happens mostly at night, I go to bead and my heart is pounding out of my chest. I was in a cycle of sleeping well for a few weeks and then having one night of laying awake feeling like I'm hooked up to the mains. The next few nights I slept like a log and went back to normal until it happens again.

This latest cycle hasn't been quite the same. My sleepless night was Sunday and I've not slept well since.

I was taking L-theanine and a valerian/hops/passiflora combo sleep aid and sleeping (on the good nights) better than I have my whole life... until I don't.

I am so anxious now and in a loop where going to bed triggers anxiety. I can sleep on the sofa fine, go to bed and I'm back to being wired to the mains.

I can place physical triggers... I quit caffeine but gaming (even if only in the afternoon) and crochet seem to be connected, but they don't tie in with the TMS theory so I am trying to ignore them. I am a middle aged woman, so it could be peri, but I have an implant so the blood tests for that aren't accurate.... but again, this is physical.

Can I firstly hear some success stories? I've just started The Mindbody Workbook again and need to do some reading as part of that.

I can see how pain can easily be connected to emotion, but when the feelings happen all the time but the problem is only at night it's hard to correlate anything.

TIA

starseed likes this.
  2. starseed

starseed Peer Supporter

Hi

I also had palpitations earlier this year, went to see my Doctor, had bloods, ecg. When I called for my results I was told by an admin staff member ‘all satisfactory’ except they wanted to recheck my bloods in 4 weeks as my thyroid ‘might be underactive’...... what a lot of tosh! Again fear mongering. If my blood results were satisfactory then why would my thyroid be underactive in 4 weeks time? Seems like my GP just wanted to pin my palps on anything. Sigh. I’ve had menopausal issues for 12 years. After my results I just thought, you know, I’m ok and I just switched off to them and the worry - they are long gone.

3. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member