1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Painkillers

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Everly, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Everly

Everly Peer Supporter

Would you say that the fact that painkillers (even narcotics) dont even touch the pain is a kind of a proof that the pain is TMS? I tries them all in the first months of TMS, but they didnt touch it, so I of course dont take them anymore. Yet, for a once in a blue moon tension headache one ibuprofen works like a charm. But no amount would ever work for my body aches. Similar experiences? I know I have TMS. I dont know, man, why I feel the need to keep gathering proof.

nick likes this.
  2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Yep! I haven't had this experience (never tried painkillers except ibuprofen) but most of my patients with chronic pain say the meds don't do a whole lot. Definite proof of TMS to me too! I also hear a ton of people tell me how injections don't do squat for their pain.

nick and Everly like this.
  3. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

They work for me. Particularly the anticonvulsants like gabapentin. I do take lower amounts of opiates but I try not to take a lot because I get easily tolerant to them so I try my best to space them out. The gabapentin and Topamax do take an edge off the pain, anywhere from 30 to 50% but often times that is not enough and I take an additional opiate for breakthrough pain. I have definite nerve pain and OTC meds never touched it like they generally don't with nerve pain

4. CarboNeVo

CarboNeVo Well known member

tramadol pretty much kills all my pain and I have no single doubt my that my pain is only TMS.
    So even if a pain killer worked for you, it doesnt necessarilly mean that your pain structural ;)