1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Painkillers

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by sbmumford, Jan 4, 2017.

1. CarboNeVo

CarboNeVo Well known member

Same here Lady, makes me happy, positive, calm.. though at the end of the day I feel a bit irritated, but I take mostly the extended release type and that one causes the irritation.
    I am also like you when i have bad days, I want to take it with evey single twinch of pain , but I have days or even weeks when I virtually experience zero pain or very very mild pain (thank to this forum!) so then I avoid it at all costs as I am perfectly aware that it is a pretty addictive drug and going that road is the last thing i want, specially that im quite young to be addicted to an opiate..
    I'd advise you to read @ezer's success story and Monte's outlook on this syndrome.. maybe you will knock out the pain completely by using their approach.
    Good luck :)

2. sarah555uk

sarah555uk Peer Supporter

I just want to add that my nerve pain has always been incredibly responsive to medication, especially lyrica which worked in 2 weeks... once it was added to 50 mg of amitriptyline ...amitriptyline also worked for me, although it took 3 months to see results .... I am now doing mindfulness everyday and meditation and reading books and this forum.
    I used to think nerve damage was my problem, but I had one year and 4 months off medication with no pain at all :/ that couldn't be damage, just sensitization...

it's in the brain, that's why we need so much mindbody work