1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Painaversary

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Cactusflower, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I am in the midst of a flare up.
    Today I was journaling about stressors, all of which I have journaled about before but remain stressors. My husband also reminded me that this month 10 years ago was the month I came face to face with TMS (without realizing it then). My pain incident was incredibly traumatic, I have problems this time every year.
    I’m starting the SEP again, and need to read my favorite tms book again. I stopped journalling when my anxiety was more manageable. I chose to consider my stressors and attempt to feel emotions around them, but they snowballed. I think that is a huge consideration with relapses. To remember it might be a build up of stressors, not just one thing that can overwhelm us and we need symptoms again. My hubby also suggested I’m trying to be too “tms perfect” and forget to be cool with forgetting to feel emotions or challenge/reframe fears. That was a great observation.
    I also meditate which is extra challenging to the nervous system right now.
    One of my worries at times is that I have not done the SEP program with my whole heart. I am not one to “thank my pain” -well I do a bit, but mainly not all that much. Usually I curse it. Perhaps someday I will get there.

Ellen and JanAtheCPA like this.