1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain???

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JoeHealingTms, Sep 22, 2017.

1. JoeHealingTms

JoeHealingTms Peer Supporter

I have come to a point that I can (most of the time) sit down and relax or meditate the pain down. Now in the last few weeks I have noted that I can sense the mechanism. It is difficult to put it in words, so I will explain it in my own words and hope that this helps someone else. What use to be non stop pain, now I can feel as what I would call "electric anxiety". I feel like electricity going thru the pain sites, trying to activate it in my muscles. Sometimes a little bit of massaging or a light placebo makes the pain goes away, but I can feel this anxiety in the form of electrical impulses trying to activate the muscle pain. So far I have been able to ignore, lower or disconnect it. Then when it gets tired of trying on an area that is not working it goes to another. It this something stupid or not?(asking ironically). To my common sense mind, it is completely illogical, that something that is a muscular pain can just start crawling thru my body and find another spot. Today, it tried on a chest muscle and when it could not do anything there it went to both my lower legs. Completely stupid. What do my lower legs have to do with a small muscle in my chest?
    I just want to illustrate this to others that may be going thru the same, and that can use it somehow to understand that this is completely done by the mind. If you relax, put the fear away,get into meditation and can stand like an observer, you might also find that what is bothering you is not pain. You might sense this electrical anxiety, and see how it runs around. I noticed that when this happens, my mind start running like crazy thru a lot of thoughts and situations, trying to convince me that the pain is structural sometimes, other times just thoughts about things that worry me in general. Hope this helps someone.

Gigalos likes this.