1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain, weakness, tremor.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Barbara M, Feb 12, 2013.

1. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Barbara,
    It definitely takes time, patience and perseverance. Please, make sure you are kind and loving to
    yourself, also. I would read about individuals whose symptoms left right after they read the book and
    that would so frustrate me. I could not figure out what I was doing wrong. Once I gave up putting pressure
    on myself and trying to control my thinking about it by getting back into life I started to see some
    progress. It just takes time.

What I did that was helpful was everything I read I kept some notes that jumped out of the page at me.
    Whether it was reading someone's success story or from a book I was reading...
    Then, I would keep reviewing the notes to get it deep in me. I am presently going to read this article of Alan Gordan
    several times a day, just to keep reminding me. This whole article really was so encouraging to me.

I am so happy you read it and you will do it. You will see. It took me several months to see any progress.
    Now, it is getting better. There may be some days that I feel am I going backwards but then I take hold of
    that thought and say no I am going forward. And then I am pleasantly surprised I have a breakthrough.

You are going to do great.
    G.R.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

G.R., that's a great idea. I think I will print it out and carry it around with me. I totally get what he's saying, intellectually, but I'm having a hard time actually doing it.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Jan,
    I have read that article. It definitely spoke volumes to me.
    Did you ever do Monte's program of Schrubiner's (not sure of the spelling)?
    If you did what did you like about them?
    G.R.

5. JanAtheCPA

G.R., I have to admit I purchased Unlearn Your Pain (Dr. Schubiner) but didn't do it - although I do listen to his meditations on the accompanying CD and find them very helpful whenever I'm struggling. It's one of those things on my to-do list.

I haven't looked into Monte's program - he has a different approach, to be sure, and it wasn't something that resonated with me, although his individual articles are quite good.

Jan

6. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Jan.
    Thanks. I am always curious what works for different people. I so enjoy hearing everyone's story.
    Thank you for all your dedication to the TMS wiki.
    G.R.

7. JanAtheCPA

:) G.R., I would say you're well on your way to earning one of those cool labels that Forest came up with - I think Peer Supporter is first on the list - before long, it will be TMS Guru! I'm enjoying your posts.

Jan

8. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Jan,
    Thanks you are such an encouragement to me!!!
    I am going to order today Unlearn Your Pain today. Did you order the book or the workbook or both?
    May I ask did you get from Amazon or Dr. Schubiner's site.

Thanks again Jan for all your encouragement, it really warms my heart.
    I am really enjoying all my friends on TMS Wiki.
    G.R.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  9. JanAtheCPA

:)

I don't know if there is a difference between the book and the workbook - I think they are one and the same. The book certainly requires you to do a lot of work!

If you order through Amazon, it will actually be fulfilled by Dr. Schu's company, with Amazon's standard shipping rate for outside vendors, so I'm sure I ordered through Amazon, since I not only have an account, I also have an Amazon cash-back Visa card, and I get 3X points for all Amazon purchases :p

10. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Barbara,
    How are you doing? Just checking in with you.
    G.R.

11. Barbara M

Barbara M Peer Supporter

I am working on getting well. I am starting with a therapist today.

Barbara

JanAtheCPA and veronica73 like this.
  12. DBH

DBH Newcomer

I have TMS and leg tremors, this is the first time I have seen mention of tremors with TMS!