1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain was gone for 5 weeks, now back..

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mariskah, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Mariskah

Mariskah Peer Supporter

Its been 3 months now on my journey after discovering TMS.
    4 weeks after I had read all the books on TMS and been active doing stuff, I got pain free for 5 weeks. But suddenly its back in the same places, though a little different. Its been like this for 2-3 weeks now. It varies a lot, but hasnt gone away. I would say its like I went from 100% pain free to 50%.
    Is it normal to get so well, only for it to come back? Thanks!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, this is perfectly normal Mariskah. Most successful folks here have had their ups and downs. The best thing is to find a way to calm yourself, perhaps find some readings in Dr. Sarno's work (I like his narrated book Healing Back Pain), podcast or a particular page in Alan's program which reassure you. You're already well on your way! Take heart.

My teacher Elias Amidon had a note the other day you might like:

Have courage, the whole universe is right here with you.

Mariskah likes this.
  3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

And remember that 50% is huge. The process is working!!! The worry will attach to the pain still present. Find ways to not worry about this.

Mariskah likes this.
  4. Mariskah

Mariskah Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for your reply! It so good to hear.
    I will try to relax with this and continue with the process.
    Happy holidays!