1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

pain still in original area & spreading

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by winterhaven123, Aug 3, 2014.

1. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Hi I am on day 9 SEP program. My Pain is terrible today always constant. but noticed a few days ago I feel it in others are's not moving just more pain places is this normal. From mid/back upper abdominal ribcage. Now added to lower left abdominal & rash & severe fatigue. Help!

2. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Winterhaven, you have it on the run….YAY! This is a GOOD sign, yes it is! I've had days, even hours, where I feel like TMS is twisting all sorts of doorknobs looking for an open door. Crazy, huh?

I think one thing that is helpful to me is recognizing this is not a linear journey. Ie, this isn't a Step 1, Step 2…all sorts of other steps here until...Step, Oh my! You're healed!dancea

Uh. Nuh-uh. There are some days where I feel completely NORMAL. No pains. No GERD. No anxiety.

And then the next day I feel all whacked again with TMS. That's when I know I need to sit down and do some journaling to ask myself, "what's hurting emotionally?" BTW, Nicole Sachs book and phone calls on Tuesday nights will be VERY helpful to you if journaling is a new idea.

Anyway. Hope this helps. Hang in there!

3. winterhaven123

winterhaven123 Peer Supporter

Hello thanks for replying. But it's not moving from the original onset just adding more fuel to the fire. Is there a difference?

4. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry, Winterhaven, I didn't read carefully enough. It sounds like in addition to an increase the usual pain, you have a few more symptoms? (Rash, fatigue, etc…)

To answer more clearly: Yes. In increase in intensity can very much be TMS. And if I recall correctly, your doc already ruled out anything structural. Cling to that.

TMS is the Man of a Thousand Faces. It can present a mind boggling array of symptoms…and it does. Especially if you have a lot of stuff brewing emotionally…like stress or things in your sub conscience. So it can be the same ole same ole that increases or changes characteristics or…something new. I know for me, the TMS pain in my Achilles can change from being very tight to a burning sensation around my heel. I'm getting better at ignoring these changes because TMS loves the attention we lavish on those parts. ;)

Does that help clarify?