1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain Pump for TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BruceMC, May 12, 2014.

1. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Just ran across this expose of the Pain Pump used in an Alabama Pain Center for treating and managing so-called chronic pain:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...524-11e3-aae8-c2d44bd79778_story.html?hpid=z1

Sounds like a lot of his patients really have TMS especially since the drug cocktail administered via the 'Pain Pump' includes anti-depressants. This all sounds very much like a quack, charlatan doctor bilking Medicare while creating a whole class of addicted patients who need to return for periodic drug refills. Doesn't seem as though anyone gets better either; they just continue taking pain killers ad infinitum ad nauseum.

What do other TMS Forum members think about this?

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I know several folks with the pump BruceMC. A friend I know started with 2 or 3 pills a day and then he had like 5 back surgerys. He got the pump installed and then he had to have a bar ran down his leg to hold his leg together after they removed his knee.
    It was terrible to hear all he had gone through and that was just some of it. Hes only like 29 and already has had over 20 surgerys.
    Its like they have to have a steady flow of pain meds all the time so they just get the pump. I remember when he was full of vitality and very strong. Now hes just there.
    I am not throwing off on the ones that have to do this. I always thought the pump was for cancer patients and such but that is not the case. I pray that the word of tms gets out more and more. Watching our family and friends being exposed to these conditions is very heartbreaking.

3. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

It's just terrible to see the structural and bio-chemical assumptions behind orthodox treatments for chronic pain getting institutionalized this way. Well, what are you going to do as long as the two options available to chronic pain patients are "Dr. Chemical" and/or "Dr. Knife"? You can bet your bottom dollar that a lot of the chronic pain patients who seek this kind of treatment have TMS. Not all of them, but it's like Dr. Sarno says about 90% of pain syndromes having a psychological origin. I'm willing to bet that the majority of patients at this so-called pain management clinic have been traveling down the well-trodden structural diagnosis path for a long, long time. Since we can't treat your condition effectively, says "Dr. Chemical", we'll just permanently neutralize the pain pathways in your brain with opioids and anti-depressants. Problem solved! Or is it . . . . really?

Oh, and those total knee and hip replacement surgeries - don't get me talkin'!

Last edited: May 12, 2014
    Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

It does get very intense the way we see things turn out for our friends and loved ones. I have heard many times that more Drs. are turning to the psychological realm for the solution but it just doesn't seem to be fast enough. Sad, although this is the same reason I wrote a book on tms healing. The more we can get the word out 1 voice at a time, One day BruceMC. One day.