1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Pain Moving

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by COgirl05, Jan 15, 2015.

1. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

I've had flare-up after flare-up of low back pain over the past several months. It gets completely better and then will flare-up again. I've learned about TMS for a year now and I know that's what I have. This flare-up, the pain has been in my usual spot, but it's also moved around the low back. I know people say that this is a good thing when the pain moves, but does that apply to the same area too? Anyone have any thoughts? I'm journaling daily too.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I think re-occurring pain, and pain moving around the body, and pain only moving in small areas are all manefestations of TMS pain.

My foot pain started with neuroma pain in the forefoot for many years, increasing with stress, and then moved into the mid-foot. The midfoot pain stopped, and then some "neuroma" pain started. I treated this the same way I treated the mid-foot pain, using a TMS approach, and the "new" neuroma pain stopped.

Be steadfast and vigilant, and don't take any BS from your body!

3. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

what helped you the most in overcoming TMS?

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Overcoming fear is the number one answer

Dahlia and Ryan like this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I think for me overcoming fear was huge. Yes. Part of this is not catastrophizing when the pain moved or flairs up again. I have whipped it good, and it really can't ever "get me" the way it did when I was crippled for years (or so I believe it can't, so probably therefore it can't). Some stiffness or discomfort doesn't set off the alarm bells like it used to.

My experience was probably different than yours Girl, in that it has only been a minor issue since my original huge breakthrough. But confidence plays a huge part.

Last night I alergy-like symptoms coming up, and I thought: I'll go wash my eyes and I hope this goes away. Then I thought--This is a TMS thing! I sat there, ignoring it, not washing out my eyes, focusing on listening to my friend speak, and 5 minutes it was gone. With practice I simply face whatever comes up with more courage and steadfastness.

So I hope some of this resonates Girl. It sounds like you have had relief using the Sarno methods. Take heart and re-apply yourself with whatever worked last time. And if fear is there, observe it, don't believe it. And keep doing the method and ignore results for awhile.

Andy

6. 575

575 Peer Supporter

When you experience pain switching sides it's most likely a pathetic attempt of TMS to regain attention, laugh at it and move on.

Ellen likes this.
  7. COgirl05

COgirl05 Peer Supporter

Thanks everyone! I put my son to bed last night and stood up with an entirely new pain! I'm so irritated by this, but I guess 575 is right - it's a last ditch effort for TMS to reclaim it's power?

575 likes this.
  8. 575

575 Peer Supporter

Yes, you're gonna make it!

9. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Nicole Sachs' TMS book is a good one, a lot about TMS, children, and lifting them.