1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 32 Pain moving a bit

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by HPJM, Sep 4, 2015.

1. HPJM

HPJM New Member

Worked out today. Pain deep in hips that was fairly new and present before I even started lifting weights today. This is different to my previous hip pain so it is TMS. But I STILL have doubt and fear. It's like I can't sever the final string of doubt tying me to my old views.

When was the last time you made a mistake? How did it make you FEEL?

I made a mistake when speaking Spanish to some Spanish friends the other day. Being a recovering perfectionist, I kind of internally flinched and worried that they would think I am an idiot, so I guess a bit of shame and a bit of fear. But then I felt it and realised that everyone makes mistakes, it's part of being human and I don't have to be right all the time.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, HPJM. Yes, TMS pain does move around. It's what it does and this should help convince you that the pain is TMS and not structural.

Cut that last string of doubt and believe 100 percent in TMS causing your pain. You are close. Maybe make that a mantra: "I believe 100 percent that TMS is causing my pain."

You should not bully yourself for making a mistake speaking Spanish to your friends. I'm sure they appreciated your thoughtfulness in speaking to them in their native language. I speak terrible German but know people appreciate it that I try.

Now enjoy the weekend and fear not. You are very close to healing.

HPJM likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Day 32! Good work, HP!

None of us are at 100% belief 100% of the time - it's not possible, not after a lifetime of belief that is completely the opposite of what we are learning here.

HPJM likes this.