1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 15 Pain movement

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Raj s, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

There is some relief some times.. and sometimes the pain is there.. but it is better than before..
    coming to pain movement.. i feel the pain has now moved to my lower back.. eventhough i say to myself that this is mind's way of distracting me(TMS) by shifting the pain from my hand neck, upper back to lower back.. the pain is severe sometimes when i bend it makes me think whether there is structurally anything is wrong.. will it go on forever kind of doubts are arising.. i am working on it.. to not get those thoughts.. and forget about the pain.. deep down somehow my mind creates these doubts..

2. Anaya

Anaya New Member

Hi Raj -

Is the issue that the muscles are tense/stiff and even in knots?

If so, a technique that helps me is a tennis ball massage. It sounds strange lol I know, but it has been very helpful to me in releasing severe muscle knots in my lower back and hips. And somewhat in my upper back and neck.

If you are interested in learning about how to do it, look on YouTube for Gary Crowley. He puts out many videos on reducing and eliminating pain.

I realize people here may not agree with my post, as I am aware that one of the things recommended is to discontinue any type of therapies, so I apologize if I have offended anyone.

Personally, as I do things like this, or stretch, or engage in exercise, or movements to get my circulation going after sitting a while, etc., I visualize it releasing pent up stress, or feelings of (whatever is most relevant at the moment to me - for example if you are stiff, you could focus on restoring flexibility to your thoughts and behaviors, and think of the movements as symbolic, much like you can think of the physical symptoms being symbolic of thought and behavior patterns). So, I do make a mind-body connection while engaging in it. I also feel like doing things like caring for my body is a good habit to have anyway, in order to be healthy. It's like anything else that you use - you maintain it, you care for it, you are good to it, you show it joy and love, so it stays effective.

Again, it was not my intention to offend.

Good luck to you :)

Peace.

3. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Hi Anaya,

Nothing offence in what you said.. It is good to see people trying to help others.. thanks for your suggestions.. Will look into it.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

5. Raj s

Raj s Peer Supporter

Thanks Walt.. This video is really helpful..