1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Pain killers???

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Wrighty23, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Wrighty23

Wrighty23 New Member

Hi All,

I am committed to the TMS belief and recovery program. That said i'm not 100% sure that i do not have a structural problem either.

I have been tackling my emotions and finding some success with that and I have been pushing through physical pain by exercising and trying to break the viscous cycle of 'conditioning'.

The last doctor I saw said that I have a slipped disc and that pushing myself physically was not helping and so I have started taking more powerful pain killers and taking a more cautions approach to exercise.

Is this ok? I need pain killers to get me through the night!!!

Or is this just not right if your'e going through the TMS recovery programme.

Can you do both??

You're thoughts/experience would be gratefully received

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Quick answer since I'm on the road, your white-coat's advice, if it's TMS , is about 99% wrong, Meds are OK to get you throught excruciaitng pain so you can focus on gathering your TMS KNOWLEDGE. READ, WATCH AND LISTEN to the TMS info until you are brainwashed.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Sarno, our main TMS guru, says it's okay to take pain killers if the pain is really bad.
    But to continue normal activities. In your case that may not include exercise until you feel better.
    But walking, bending, sitting, doing chores should be continued and if there is pain, try to ignore it
    and tell yourself it's TMS -- psychological and not structural.

Tennis Tom's advice is great and I echo it.