1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

pain kicked in after starting to recover

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Jan 15, 2019.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

so im currently recoverying from psychological issues, yesterday i went to the gym did some squats and bam! lower bar pain, today its still there but i wont hit the gym today. now im “scared” of maybe if i should go tomorrow or not. all because i recorded myself while doing squats wondering if my form was good

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Peer Supporter

I think it is normal for this to happen. The pain will often come back, maybe even in a more severe way, just when you think you're recovering. Just to make you work a little harder to keep it away. The method of going about keeping it away though, I'm struggling with. I'm sure your form was fine. The brain knows you may have been concerned about your form, and took that opportunity to give you pain in your lower back, a spot that you were already mentally sensitive to. Don't let the brain get away with scaring you out of doing something that you are totally capable of.

Wish I had better advice for you, hoping for more comments. I was going to start a similar thread today, as I was finally starting to recover and then I woke up two days ago with really bad neck and back pain again, out of nowhere. It's so very obviously TMS but I can't seem to shake it. It's like I can hear the brain taunting me and I don't know how to gain control.

stevow7 likes this.
  3. stevow7

hello and thanks for your time. i cured my pain believing 100% in tms. also did you read Steve’s book “The Great Pain Deception”? highly recommended and helped me.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Interesting remark stevow7! Do you think this recording activated something in you which kicked in pain? That would be an interesting inquiry.

stevow7 likes this.
  5. stevow7

it sure did! as soon as i saw something “off” i got stressed out because, “what if i injured myself” next day my lower back was in pain. right now im doing deadlift because... well i know its tms :). early in the day i was stressed because i had pain (yesterday) then at mid day i did not had any pain